Expeditions: A MudRunner Game Launches for PC and Consoles Giving Players the Chance to Go on an Epic Scientific Adventure

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Expeditions: A MudRunner Game is out now and players will have the chance to use gadgets and other equipment to explore diverse terrains. Expeditions: A MudRunner Game differs from other offroad sim-type games in that players are actually planning and going on scientific expeditions using state-of-the-art all-terrain vehicles and equipment. They can use an array of gadgets including GPS, drones, echo sounders, metal detectors, winches, anchors, and other high-tech tools to do research.

See full article...

It seems like a snowrunner DLC spun off into a stand alone game, just to get moar money out of players.

I have a few of the MudRunner games and just couldn't get into them. I really wanted to like them though as the subject matter is right up my alley.

I tried one of them that was free... uninstalled it not soon after. Just couldn't get past the basics. It needed to be FUN before it was painfully tedious.

Yes, these games are basically about fighting tedium. You need to find jobs that have the least difficulty first, then upgrade / buy new trucks to reduce the amount of tedium in other, more difficult jobs. I've 130 hours in snowrunner and my no1 complaint is why doesn't it have some less tedious maps to change things up a bit.

I tried one of them that was free... uninstalled it not soon after. Just couldn't get past the basics. It needed to be FUN before it was painfully tedious.
I agree. I thought I'd just be bogging through the mud/snow but instead there were all these tasks to be completed.

Good to know about all of this. I haven't tried any of them but was curious. It looked like it had some potential to be fun but even though I can get into grinding with some games I do have my limits with tedious tasks, especially when it comes to their difficulty levels early on. I usually like to explore, and have some fun, before digging into the nitty gritty.

I agree. I thought I'd just be bogging through the mud/snow but instead there were all these tasks to be completed.
I actually like the additional tasks. Just bogging with no goals would get old very fast. The problem is not that there are tasks, but that they are more difficult and repetitive than ideal. even in Snowrunner, which is more forgiving than spintires and mudrunner were. Like they added an easy mode where you can auto load cargo, instead of manually having to crane it in every time.

Become a Patron!
Back