PS5 PRO Is Rumored to Arrive in Holiday 2024, Be 2–4x More Powerful than the Current Version, and Debut PSSR AI-Based Upscaling Tech

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
The PS5 Pro is rumored to arrive towards the end of the year if early leaks pan out to be true it could be a major upgrade over the current version. Leaked info about the upcoming console began surfacing last week and Insider Gaming's Tom Henderson has said that he has confirmation of its specifications. Aside from numerous hardware improvements, the PS5 Pro is rumored to introduce its upscaling technology called PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution) which could enable up to 4x ray tracing performance improvement over the current gen models.

See full article...

PS4 Pro came around about 4 years after base PS4 launched, and PS5 is almost 4 years old, so yeah it's about time for a "PS5 Pro". Microsoft shouldn't be too far behind with their update to XBSX.

PS4 Pro came around about 4 years after base PS4 launched, and PS5 is almost 4 years old, so yeah it's about time for a "PS5 Pro". Microsoft shouldn't be too far behind with their update to XBSX.
Wait, the PS5 is 4 years old? Yet I can't think of even three worthwhile PS5 games.

Wait, the PS5 is 4 years old? Yet I can't think of even three worthwhile PS5 games.
Yeah it's been a lackluster generation overall. There are a few games I'd like to play on PS5, but nothing so badly that I go out and get a console for it.

The two years of limited availability didn't help anything at all either. I would have bought one that first year had I been able to. Now... it's wait and see if the Pro version is worth jumping on - but it probably won't be.

With how the developers are talking I'll wait for PC. BUT... it really shouldn't hurt the Console market. PC gaming at better than console level is still markedly more expensive. So that's a good thing for them. Especially if they can harvest from both markets.

Become a Patron!
Back