Larian Studios Cuts Ties with Baldur’s Gate: No Baldur’s Gate 3 DLC, Expansions, or Baldur’s Gate 4, but Next RPG Will “Dwarf” It in Size

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Baldur's Gate 4 may eventually happen at some point, but it won't be from Larian Studios, according to studio founder Swen Vincke, who arrived at GDC 2024 today as part of a "Secrets of 'Baldur's Gate 3" panel and dropped the surprising news that his team's next project won't be a new Baldur's Gate game.

See full article...

No kidding... if I ran that company I wouldn't be putting my team into ANOTHER baldurs gate grind either. I'd let the them pick a project and do it. There is ZERO chance that if Lyrian want's to maintain rights to do another Baldur's gate game that the IP owners wouldn't let them. It's been a booster shot to the arm for Hasbro D&D division in every way.

Let them team do something they want to do as a passion project. Support that. Then come back to do Baldur's gate again. If you NEED an injection of cash... make a DLC or something for 10 bucks that everyone will buy. Just don't let the quality slip.

It would be cool for them to do something scifi. I loved divinity, but a bigger change of pace from them would be nice =)
Maybe some star frontiers =)

I want them to make the game they want to make without any predetermined limitations other than the ones they put in place. Make it deep make it impressive and let it be sexy/disgusting/inspiring/loving/ing... ing ing.. all they want. If they announced today a pre purchase for their next game for 40 bucks I'd do it without a thought.

But they get once chance to burn me then I'm done.

Become a Patron!
Back