2080 Ti SUPER Incoming? AIDA64 Lists Unknown NVIDIA GeForce RTX Card

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA may be adding a new member to its family of SUPER cards, as an unannounced GeForce RTX model has been spotted on system information and diagnostics tool AIDA64. It uses the TU102 GPU, which also powers the Titan RTX, RTX 2080 Ti, Quadro RTX 8000, and Quadro RTX 6000.

Many believe it could be the RTX 2080 Ti SUPER, despite NVIDIA's claim that there were no plans for releasing one. While a Titan RTX Black is another possibility, Tom's Hardware points out that the Titan RTX already uses a maxed-out TU102 die.

From a performance standpoint, the GeForce Titan RTX and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti are nearly in the same ballpark. Given the huge difference in price, there's definitely room for an in-between model.

Well, I just finished paying off my first one and holidays are in sight and I'm in the early stages of planning a new build.

"Nvidia could pull another GeForce RTX 2080 Super on us. The chipmaker can grab the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, enable a few more CUDA cores, slap some faster memory on it, and voilà – you have the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Super. "

We'll technically the 2080 S has faster memory. They could add that. They could bump up the core clocks but it'd have to be better than the 2000-2100 Mhz I'm getting now to be worth anything. Add a significant increase in tensor and cuda cores and I'm in, if the price doesn't jump again.

I don't know I could see them making a refreshed titan again and then taking the titan that exists today halving the memory and making it the new TI. Though all of the workstation folks would buy two and make a titan killer out of them.

I don't know I could see them making a refreshed titan again and then taking the titan that exists today halving the memory and making it the new TI. Though all of the workstation folks would buy two and make a titan killer out of them.
I totally agree and think you might be spot on with it. It seems that since they have that faster ram on hand somehow that's going to come into play. Not to mention they really want to make sure AMD doesn't get their foot in the door at this tier level. For me, and a few others in the world, what about the price?

I guessed the Titan would be incoming because there is no space for a 2080ti super.
They can do one or the other at the same performance and price, you can guess what it will be called.

I wonder if they will bring in a new Titan with less memory to cut the price, but sit in between the 24GB monster and the RTX 2080 Ti?

I wonder if they will bring in a new Titan with less memory to cut the price, but sit in between the 24GB monster and the RTX 2080 Ti?

I was thinking this also. Would be a better option than a TI super.

Become a Patron!
Back