4A Games Announces Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition with New Ray Tracing Features and NVIDIA DLSS 2.0, Free for Current Owners

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
metro-exodus-key-art-sunset-1024x576.jpg
Image: 4A Games

4A Games is developing an enhanced version of its 2019 apocalyptic first-person shooter, Metro Exodus. The developer announced the news in a blog post today, which confirmed that the Enhanced Edition would offer additional ray tracing features (e.g., advanced ray traced reflections) as well as NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 support. What’s really neat is that 4A Games is offering Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition free to all existing Metro Exodus owners on the Epic Games Store, Steam, and GOG.

“This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and we will need to deliver this version as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players,” 4A Games...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive played the sh$t out of this game.
Too bad right now all I have is a 5700XT and a GTX 1080Ti with no upgrade in sight.
Maybe in the fall?

That's nice I guess.

I play these games for both the challenge and the story. Usually at a difficulty setting like "Hard" but not one of the extreme modes.

I've already played through it though, so now I know how the story ends (which was IMHO a little abrupt and finished by cutscenes)

I can only think of three story based single player games I've ever played again after finishing the story arc. The original Half Life (in prepapration for the release of HL2), The original Deus Ex from 2001 (which was still fun 15 years later, once you get used to the aging graphics) and Deus Ex Human Revolution (in preparation for Mankind Divided)

Maybe if there is another Metro sequel I'll get back to playing this version of the game, but other than that it is unlikely.

That's nice I guess.

I play these games for both the challenge and the story. Usually at a difficulty setting like "Hard" but not one of the extreme modes.

I've already played through it though, so now I know how the story ends (which was IMHO a little abrupt and finished by cutscenes)

I can only think of three story based single player games I've ever played again after finishing the story arc. The original Half Life (in prepapration for the release of HL2), The original Deus Ex from 2001 (which was still fun 15 years later, once you get used to the aging graphics) and Deus Ex Human Revolution (in preparation for Mankind Divided)

Maybe if there is another Metro sequel I'll get back to playing this version of the game, but other than that it is unlikely.
I did a story a month or so ago on 4A and they are working on another. They announced it when the company merged with many others during a big buyout. Exodus does have different endings as well. The 'happy' one can be a bit challenging to get since it involves a lot more stealth instead of killing.

I don't think even this can make me replay it. It was an average game for the most part. I almost didn't even finish it. And regretted it when i did. Tying the ending to whether you used 100% stealth and no killing is just stupid. At least they should tell you about it up front if they want to include such an arbitrary rule. Made me so mad.

I did a story a month or so ago on 4A and they are working on another. They announced it when the company merged with many others during a big buyout. Exodus does have different endings as well. The 'happy' one can be a bit challenging to get since it involves a lot more stealth instead of killing.

Interesting. I did not realize that. I think I got the happy one. It seemed pretty happy to me.

Then I went on to play the American expansion. Wasn't bad, but I was disappointed in its scope. I skipped the other expansion. The whole "Nazi vs Commie Civil War" thing was always the least interesting part of the Metro story to me, and I just couldn't bring myself to go through that drudgery again.

Last edited:
Interesting. I did not realize that. I think I got the happy one. It seemed pretty happy to me.

Then I went on to play the American expansion. Wasn't bad, but I was disappointed in its scope. I skipped the other expansion. The whole "Nazi vs Commie Civil War" thing was always the lest interesting part of the Metro story to me, and I just couldn't bring myself to go through that drudgery again.
Yeah the happy one is where most everyone lives to the end, and noone decided to stay behind along the way. You basically can't kill any humans, only knock them out, and have to save various people in some optional missions.

Sam's story is the DLC I'm looking forward to playing again. I agree, it could've been bigger but perhaps they're saving more for later. At this point they could do a game just on his arc.

I agree about the Nazi thing. The funnest part of that DLC was running around the metro with the flame thrower. The nice part of that mission, though, is it fills in some story in regards to what happened to the kid's dad.

I don't think even this can make me replay it. It was an average game for the most part. I almost didn't even finish it. And regretted it when i did. Tying the ending to whether you used 100% stealth and no killing is just stupid. At least they should tell you about it up front if they want to include such an arbitrary rule. Made me so mad.
Yep, the 1st time I played through I was bummed for the same reasons and had to google to figure out what happened. I had played through it very much the same as the first two games and didn't think anything of it. After that I got over it but it was pretty obvious how they're going a different direction now.

I played it a bit, did not get very far, got stuck in the/a swamp not a huge fan of the stalth and little ammo gameplay loop, was fun 20 years ago in resident evil outgrown that since.

I played it a bit, did not get very far, got stuck in the/a swamp not a huge fan of the stalth and little ammo gameplay loop, was fun 20 years ago in resident evil outgrown that since.
For me it wasn't fun even in RE back then. Never could get into that game either despite everyone around me being all over it. I was socialized on Doom, where ammo is always plentiful, and there is always another weapon to switch to. Ammo shortage is maybe one of my least favorite in any game. Hated it in Last of Us, hated it in RE, hated it in this game as well.

Become a Patron!
Back