5700G

Dogsofjune

FPS Regular
Well, I ordered one from AMD. Card got flagged for possible fraudulent activity, but the order went thru after making a call to the credit union.

Should be a decent upgrade for the 2400G. Wasn't a rapey price either. AMD MSRP for the win.
I'm thinking some new ram at 3600 may be in order as well.

Awesome, I grabbed a 5600g for a client, and currently on a 4650g for my work PC. I'll probably pick a 5600g up for myself soon. They seem to be in stock most places.

I considered the 5600G, but just went big with it. I had settled on getting a 4750G, but prices being what they are, this seemed the better deal

Well, the charge was pending, now it's not. Order still showing as processing.

No way to cancel and go get it from Micro Center.

No idea when I'll get it. Also noticed they have a bad zip for my address.

(sigh)

Well, the charge was pending, now it's not. Order still showing as processing.

No way to cancel and go get it from Micro Center.

No idea when I'll get it. Also noticed they have a bad zip for my address.

(sigh)

call you CC and cancel it?

Got the email. It's shipping. Should be here tomorrow. I hope. City is right, zip is wrong. We will see where it goes

Got a bad 5600G from NewEgg, waiting for “replacement” as they don’t do refunds.
Sure hope this doesn’t take forever.

Never had a bad board, SSD, DRAM or Intel CPU from NewEgg.
I know it wasn’t a returned/reboxed product as I bought mine the day it was released.

Been using i7 4790k’s since 2015 so this will be a 25-30% uptick in single core performance.
Perfect for Audio and software synths.

Well, yes, I got the CPU. First impression of it makes me feel like I have a 2700X and a GT 1030. I am currently awaiting faster ram. I found a kit of ddr4 4000 in 2x16 flavor. Plus, I am swapping the B450 board out for a B550, I expect zero gains from the mobo swap, but am hopeful the ram will up the performance. Going for that 3733 sweetspot.

Personally, I feel the 2400G had a better igpu presence. If it would hit the same clocks as the 5700G, who knows. I also feel the 5600G is the better deal, although, twice now I have seen the 5700G at a few bucks over 300. 8 core 16 thread doesn't hurt, but the hampered cache really puts the 5700G in the 2700X realm with a better ram manager.

I have seen reviews of the 5700G playing Cyberpunk, but in all honesty, the GT 1030 is most comparable to the igpu, performancewise.

Will it do in a pinch? Yes, is it the answer to your gpu solution? No.

For me, it does what is needed to. It's portable in the Chopin case, plays the games I am currently interested in, makes a great HTPC when on the road, is cool, quiet, and has the balls to be efficient in daily work loads. Far better than a laptop in my usecase.

I will report more when I get the new ram and swap the stock heatsink and fan for a Noctua NH-L9a.

Sorry I haven't been on, work, new house, honey do list, kids, job, drinking, path of exile, laundry, and general everyday life stuffs impedes my will to do the things I want to in life.... Well, not the drinking.

That's medicinal

Sorry I haven't been on, work, new house, honey do list, kids, job, drinking, path of exile, laundry, and general everyday life stuffs impedes my will to do the things I want to in life.... Well, not the drinking.

That's medicinal

I'll drink to that!

Yay for Amazon. Parts swapping hopefully will happen this week. I'm curious how much of an improvement I will actually get going from 32 gig of 3200 to 32 gig 4000. Hopefully it isn't too much of a chore to get 3733.

I hate the color of Noctua fans.....PXL_20211018_152104303.jpg

Ugh, I still haven't done this.

I should at least get the 2400G, B450 and RX480 in the Cooler Master NR200P case I got.

I'm still kinda curious on pushing the 5700G a bit.

Ok, finally getting off my *** with this. Swapping out the Gigabyte B450 for an Asus B550, the stock heatsink for a Noctua l9a, and the 32 gig of 3200 for 32 gig of 4000.

Yea!

PXL_20211203_165946080.jpgPXL_20211203_170914374.jpg

Wow, the packaging of the Noctua. Newegg should take some notes for hard drive shipment. Nicely done on the packaging.

Although..... I did see that the heatsink and fan came with a short extension for the fan. It is marked "Low-Noise Adapter NA-RC7"

Low noise adapter? Did my CPU fan come with a silencer?

And Asus.... wtf with the audio header? I'm gonna need the hands of a small Asian child to plug that in.

Loading Win 10 these days..... I had thought at one time I would do Win 11, but I think that is a hard pass for a few years. Otherwise, seems to go as planned.
RAM running a 4000, the Asus BIOS isn't to intuitive on memory allocation for the APU. Just gives a generic setting, so I have no idea what amount is available for the onboard Vega. I hope it is at least 4 gig like the B450 allowed, 8 gig would be better

Become a Patron!
Back