Netflix Guts Animation Department Amid Subscriber Drops and Plummeting Stock

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It looks like Netflix no longer has any real interest in keeping its animation department afloat. The Wrap has learned that the streamer has gutted a significant portion of its animation staff, including Phil Rynda, who had been employed as Netflix's Director of Creative Leadership and Development for Original Animation.

Go to post

I think Netflix should re-evaluate how it looks at the viewing data. Netflix has a habit of cancelling anything outside of the weekly/monthly top 10 stuff that's still very good while continuing to greenlight obvious dumpster fires like Cowboy Bebop.

I'm constantly amazed by the junk that they greenlight. I've totally envisioned those moments we've all heard about from the 80s with execs in board rooms, lines everywhere, and acting like there's no end to the money. I've also noticed in the last few years that they've practically gone out of their way to try and clone various Fox stuff. Crap animation only works when you've got a great comedic writing team and voice cast, however good writing seems to be an issue for them with just about every genre and project, be it movie, animation, or live action series.

I also can't understand why anyone keeps greenlighting woke stuff. It's obvious the general populace is far more moderate and won't enjoy far left biased entertainment. Get woke, go broke isn't just a saying.

I also can't understand why anyone keeps greenlighting woke stuff. It's obvious the general populace is far more moderate and won't enjoy far left biased entertainment. Get woke, go broke isn't just a saying.
Yep, just ask Jon Stewart and Apple.

Become a Patron!
Back