Henry Cavill Flaunts New AIO Cooler, Noctua Fans

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Henry Cavill may be a lot more famous and richer than the average PC enthusiast, but he's not immune to some of the usual problems that hobbyists might face.

Go to post

Still he could have gone for black noctua fans.
I just got one for the Carbide case. Installed it last week. It's a 3000 rpm model and at full blast is insanely loud but at 40% they are quiet, faster than the other one I had in the case, and improve the airflow a bit too.

I just got one for the Carbide case. Installed it last week. It's a 3000 rpm model and at full blast is insanely loud but at 40% they are quiet, faster than the other one I had in the case, and improve the airflow a bit too.
I have several, both 120 and 140mm. As you said, they are scary loud during post, before the motherboard load the fan profiles. But they have a huge PWM range. Mine are still spinning sub-10% PWM. There are a slight variation between each fan, they stop spinning in the 5-7% range.

I love the Noctua industrial 140. I use a single one as exhaust, and when the doors are closed on the case it can pull so much air at 50% + it drops the water temp in my loop.

Still he could have gone for black noctua fans.
I agree with you and would have done that myself. Like I mentioned though he either doesn't know the trends, or just doesn't care.

I agree with you and would have done that myself. Like I mentioned though he either doesn't know the trends, or just doesn't care.
I'll never buy black noctua fans, that's like buying a black ferrari, it's just wrong. Black is about as exciting now as beige was in the 90s.
When they first appeared on the market noctua fans were a breath of fresh air to the all conformist "make everything black" PC market.
Them caving and releasing black coolers is a big blow for good taste. Yeah, I think black PCBs are awful too, as well as black expansion slots. The color has left the PC market, and has been substituted with carnival lights.

I love the Noctua industrial 140. I use a single one as exhaust, and when the doors are closed on the case it can pull so much air at 50% + it drops the water temp in my loop.
Using mine as intake since the stock fans on the coolers are both set up for exhaust but I saw the same. At 40% it's still enough to shave a few degrees off.

Makes me consider replacing my exhaust fan with one now... hummm..

I have 2 rads configured as intake. One with 6x gentle typhoon 120s (I bought extra back in the day and that was the last of em), and one with 6x 140mm cheap arctics. For base fan speed, I run the GT intakes at around 45% and the arctics at 35% which is basically quiet enough I can’t hear the fans over the ambient noise. The Notua industrial keeps up with all those intakes at about 30%.

I have tested with the industrial as the only fan on in the system, and it actually works as well as the full 12 fan setup… if I let it spin up to 100% fan speed. Granted you can hear the fan 1 floor away at that point, but it’s good to know what it can do.

I have 2 rads configured as intake. One with 6x gentle typhoon 120s (I bought extra back in the day and that was the last of em), and one with 6x 140mm cheap arctics. For base fan speed, I run the GT intakes at around 45% and the arctics at 35% which is basically quiet enough I can’t hear the fans over the ambient noise. The Notua industrial keeps up with all those intakes at about 30%.

I have tested with the industrial as the only fan on in the system, and it actually works as well as the full 12 fan setup… if I let it spin up to 100% fan speed. Granted you can hear the fan 1 floor away at that point, but it’s good to know what it can do.
I've considered swapping out the fans on the radiators but have done so many changes recently I'm just going to sit back and enjoy it for a bit. Perhaps around the holidays, I might do some more tweaking but for now, everything is working as needed and I'll worry about further fine-tuning later.

atm I got 5 Lian li fans as intake 3 120 at the back and 2 140 at the bottom and 2 140 MSI fans at the AIO on top as exhaust.

When just idling on the desktop the lian li's are at 800 rpm and pretty quiet, but when I game and turn them to high speed 1500 ish RPM they get pretty loud, but given that my old case was a define r6 with some sound dampening goping on it might be more noticable then b4 when something ramps up.

For 120mm fans, Phanteks' T30-120 is your best choice if you can fit them (they're 30mm thick vs. typical 120mm fans at 25mm). Same idea as Noctua's Industrials - which are not designed to be quiet! - but far, far quieter across their RPM range.

I'll never buy black noctua fans, that's like buying a black ferrari, it's just wrong. Black is about as exciting now as beige was in the 90s.
When they first appeared on the market noctua fans were a breath of fresh air to the all conformist "make everything black" PC market.
Them caving and releasing black coolers is a big blow for good taste. Yeah, I think black PCBs are awful too, as well as black expansion slots. The color has left the PC market, and has been substituted with carnival lights.
I actually prefer white cases to black, and try to keep the RGB at a minimum (mostly just case fans if anything). For a kid growing up in the 70's the brown fans remind me of the couches, and paneling of that era.

Become a Patron!
Back