Acer Announces 48-Inch Predator CG48 Gaming Monitor with OLED Panel

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
acer-predator-cg48-oled-gaming-monitor-angled-white-bg-1024x576.jpg
Image: Acer

Acer is another manufacturer that will be boarding the big-screen OLED party this year with one its latest display announcements, the Predator CG48 Gaming Monitor.

According to a press release pertaining to new Predator desktops and monitors, the Predator CG48 is a gaming monitor with a 48-inch 4K OLED panel that boasts refresh rates of up to 138 Hz, a 135K:1 contrast ratio, HDR10 support, and 98 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color space. Connectivity options include HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4, enabling great visuals even at UHD resolution and various technologies for smoother gameplay.

“HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 mean that players can enjoy a next-level gaming experience even on consoles, while four USB 3.2 ports and a USB Type-C port offer more than enough room to host any extra peripherals desired,” Acer explained...

Continue reading...

48" is a bit on the large side for a monitor as far as I am concerned. 40-43" is about perfect for me. I might go for it but that price tab blows. I can't see why I'd buy this over the LG 48CX. Granted, the specs might be a little nicer, but I'm not sure it would be worth the $1,000+ difference.

48" is a bit on the large side for a monitor as far as I am concerned. 40-43" is about perfect for me. I might go for it but that price tab blows. I can't see why I'd buy this over the LG 48CX. Granted, the specs might be a little nicer, but I'm not sure it would be worth the $1,000+ difference.
Before I got my 48" CX I would have agreed with you. I still can't believe how easily I adapted to the size of the LG ,and I was coming from a 34" Ultrawide Alienware monitor.

Before I got my 48" CX I would have agreed with you. I still can't believe how easily I adapted to the size of the LG ,and I was coming from a 34" Ultrawide Alienware monitor.
I've had a 48" and a 49" TV as monitors before. I'm currently on a 43". For productivity, it's just too much area for my eyes without font scaling and I hate that. For gaming, it's perfectly fine.

Same.

I'm still a little concerned about burnin during desktop use though, but if they feel confident enough to sell it as a monitor, they must have a reason (and hopefully that reason isn't "We don't give a ****, it will be out of warranty by then anyway").

I tend to keep monitors for 5+ years.

Become a Patron!
Back