Acer Nitro XV240 F6 Is an “Ultraspeed” Gaming Monitor with 600 Hz Refresh Rate

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Acer has introduced a new series of monitors for gamers called "Ultraspeed," and with it comes the launch of the Nitro XV240 F6, a 24-inch FHD-resolution TN display that features what Acer says is a blazing-fast 600 Hz refresh rate, not to mention up to a 0.1 ms G-to-G response time.

See full article...

So they are saying their grey to grey response time is 1 ten thousandth of a second?

I'd say this is the perfect monitor for Stupor Duck!

TN Panel, 400-nits at 600 Hz oh boy.

I've always wondered why they don't make plasma gaming monitors. They were 600 hz back in the late 00's.

I've always wondered why they don't make plasma gaming monitors. They were 600 hz back in the late 00's.
Almost got one as the prices started dropping and then held out until the LG OLEDs came out, no regrets there but those old Plasma's are legendary.

Almost got one as the prices started dropping and then held out until the LG OLEDs came out, no regrets there but those old Plasma's are legendary.
I just think about in the context that this Acer monitor is being touted as the best new display for gaming. It's 24" 1080P at 600 hz. That's just dogpoop considering we had those displays 15 years ago. And not only that, but the picture was worlds better and brighter than these TN panels.

I just SMH.

We have an old 55” plasma TV in out conference room at the office. I’m loathe to get rid of it because the image quality really is very good. But it also puts off an incredible amount of heat - so much so that we have to override the HVAC if it’s going to be on for training or presentations for more than an hour or so

so much so that we have to override the HVAC
I know what you mean though because since I've been focused on higher nit 65" T.V.s I've experienced similar situations. I've got a Sony Z9D 65" with something like 1100 dimming zones and a similar amount of nits and I remember feeling the heat from that while sitting about 6 feet back from it in the cave. Still won't give that thing up as its picture quality is amazing and very comparable to OLED and the best 4K 3D display I've ever seen.

I know what you mean though because since I've been focused on higher nit 65" T.V.s I've experienced similar situations. I've got a Sony Z9D 65" with something like 1100 dimming zones and a similar amount of nits and I remember feeling the heat from that while sitting about 6 feet back from it in the cave. Still won't give that thing up as its picture quality is amazing and very comparable to OLED and the best 4K 3D display I've ever seen.

I recently bought the Hisense 85" U8N with mini-LED and 2200 dimming zones. TV is phenomenal. Barely puts off any heat.

Here's the new kid on the block we got a few months back. Similar tech, a few quirks with the UI but otherwise equally phenomenal. Can even do 4K VRR 144 Hz w/ HDR and even supports 12-bit RGB. 5,000 nits with this one and looks great during daylight in our living room that's surrounded by windows and skylights. I went all out and had it mounted on the wall.

It was a toss up between the TCL and Hisense. Went with the Hisense due to it being on sale and cheaper at the time we purchased. Rtings has those two trading blows on everything, can't really go wrong with either TV.

Become a Patron!
Back