Acer Predator Project DualPlay Concept Laptop Features Built-In Detachable Controllers And Pop-Out Speakers

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Designs for gaming laptops have largely stayed the same over the last decade other than hardware improvements for display and internal components such as memory, storage, and CPUs/GPUs but Acer's engineers are clearly thinking beyond the proverbial traveling PC box.

See full article...

It's an interesting idea... Not one I'd even up for... But interesting. What happens if you loose the track pad? Controllers just one of them? Are replacements available? Laptop falls and lands on deployed speaker.. does that tweak the frame? Latop is dropped.. does everything pop out like the batteries used to?

I really like the idea of it but also share the same concerns as well as also wondering about the durability of the controller(s). I think the pop-out speakers are somewhat unneccesary and there are other ways to provide audio solutions in the chasis for great sound.

That aside, if all these issues were properly addressed I'd really be into this since it would mean I'd no longer have to lug around a controller for the patio or trips. Not by any means a major thing but always nice when you have one less thing to worry about.

Become a Patron!
Back