Acer Teases Predator X25 Monitor with 360 Hz Refresh Rate

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
acer-predator-x25-monitor-1024x576.jpg
Image: Acer

During today’s global press conference, Acer introduced its latest Predator monitor, the X25. This could be a great choice for gamers who are particular about refresh rates, as it flaunts a 360 Hz 1080p panel. While the exact display technology hasn’t been specified on its product page, an IPS panel seems pretty likely, as competitors (i.e., ASUS and Dell) have already teased 360 Hz monitors with in-plane switching.

Professional-grade precision. The #PredatorX25 monitor offers an absolute competitive gaming experience with:✅ 360 Hz, 24.5-inch, 1920 x 1080 display✅ Latest NVIDIA® G-SYNC®✅ LightSense, AdaptiveLight & ProxiSense aidsLearn more: https://t.co/0yeXA42H0Z...

Continue reading...

Do people care? Are there people out there today with 800 dollar 240hz refresh monitors that are going to say. "Welp time to throw this away and get the 360hz refresh monitor."

I just reserved a 4k 144HZ panel and this happens LOL.
But really I don't know who needs this besides like E sports Professionals.

Too small, too low res and I'm not convinced there is anything to be gained over 240Hz or even 144/165Hz panels. As (NG)Fidel mentioned, this is attractive for eSports, but besides that niche, I can't see a real market for it.

Become a Patron!
Back