Activision Believes Call of Duty: Vanguard Failed Due to World War II Setting

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It may be a while until Call of Duty fans get another installment that takes place during the second great war.

Go to post

Couldn't be the multiplayer being bad or the microtransactions or the fact that its an iteration on the same formula they always used could it? Nah...must be the WWII setting. That has to be it.

Sure and I'm sure BF2042 failed due to its futuristic setting. So what is the right setting then?

This is the most insulting statement ever if you think about it.

and one of the primary reasons listed is the game’s World War II setting: the location “didn’t resonate” with gamers

Uhmmm... sure, because trying to rewrite history, based on historical factual data, never fails, eh?! 😏

Not learning the right lesson seem to be the norm for too many; people and institutions. That was something my dad used to yell about... Some of it did sink in, certainty way more than the norm nowadays.

I think it's their pure lack of putting much effort into the game that was it's downfall. One of my biggest regrets on a game purchase.

The last one I played was WWII iirc next one did not have single player anymore so I bailed on the series.

Already surprising I got that one after the crappy infinite warfare.

The last one I played was WWII iirc next one did not have single player anymore so I bailed on the series.

Already surprising I got that one after the crappy infinite warfare.
I rather enjoyed Infinite Warfare's single player campaign. The Modern Warfare soft reboot was also great in that regard.

The Modern Warfare soft reboot was also great in that regard.
Oh, that's good to know, I was wondering about that. Over the years I gave up on series like this and BF having single-player campaigns at all, let alone decent ones. Those were always my main focus back when I did play CoD games. I been away from the series for so long now, I got no idea how many there have been, or what they are called, or who among the multiple dev studios did which games. You got me curious though, I might check out that MW soft reboot.

Infinite Warfare Single player was great, and I don't care about multiplayer anyway.
Yeah that's how it was for me, multiplayer I rarely if ever touched. What little I remember of that campaign I recall being good too. Been so long since I last played it.

Become a Patron!
Back