Activision Warns That Standard PS4 Models (500 GB) May No Longer Fit Call of Duty: Modern Warfare/Warzone and Black Ops Cold War

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-season-two-announcement-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Activision

Call of Duty fans who own a standard PlayStation 4 with a default hard drive of 500 GB may not be able to fit Modern Warfare/Warzone and Black Ops Cold War on the last-gen console unless they clear up some files. Activision delivered the amusing warning in its announcement for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone’s Season Two update yesterday, which weighs in at 17 GB and continues the developers’ tradition for releasing relatively massive game updates. It’s gotten so bad that some PS4 owners will have to refer to their consoles as the Call of Duty Station.

“Those who own a standard PlayStation 4 with a default hard drive of 500 GB may need to make room if they have the full versions of Modern Warfare/Warzone and Black Ops Cold War with all modes and packs installed,” Activision...

Continue reading...

I blame this storage shortage issue on storage device's manufactures.

They've been knowing for years (way before we knew) that game files, 4K/8K content, etc. will only get larger and they just sat there on inflated ssd storages prices and waited for this day.

An old SATA III 860 EVO 2TB still goes for a ridiculous $200+ to this day and that's the problem, not today's high-quality texture and full story-rich games.

I blame this storage shortage issue on storage device's manufactures.

They've been knowing for years (way before we knew) that game files, 4K/8K content, etc. will only get larger and they just sat there on inflated ssd storages prices and waited for this day.

An old SATA III 860 EVO 2TB still goes for a ridiculous $200+ to this day and that's the problem, not today's high-quality texture and full story-rich games.
Well I agree on the solid state side, I think we still see a pretty decent margin on that stuff by the time it comes into the hands of the consumer.

Spinnners though, prices there have been pretty low (at least until you get into the high end densities). I do blame Sony/MS/Nintendo for cheaping out on internal storage... the price difference between a SATA II (what the PS4 original uses) 500Gb and 2Tb spinner is probably like... $3 wholesale.

How is a single game 500gb.... just insanity
It's technically three games, but really two games now that Activision has spread the tendrils of Warzone throughout Modern Warfare 2019 that the two can't be separated.

Become a Patron!
Back