Ad-Free Tier of Disney+ Will Soon Cost More than Double What It Was at Launch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Disney has announced that it will be introducing several price hikes for its Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ streaming services, and with it comes the news that the monthly cost of Disney+'s ad-supported tier will rise by $2 to $9.99, while its ad-free tier will rise by $2 to $15.99—more than double what the service cost at launch ($6.99).

See full article...

That's OK, I won't pay for any tier of that garbage so long as they keep turning out turds for every franchise they've assimilated and ruined.

I don’t care what they charge, I’m in at the ad free tier. I take away Disney from the kids and there would be a full revolt

We'll keep it for now. Generally stopped wasting my time with the new Marvel/SW stuff, just got too painful after a bit but we do watch a lot of the older things on it and I've got Hulu bundled in with it as well and there's a fair amount of things I like there also.

personally I’ve liked all the marvel series I’ve watched, and i very much enjoyed Loki. The Star Wars series have been decent (I quite like the mandalorian) though I haven’t watched the acolyte.

I would have never seen Deadpool or Deadpool 2 if not for Disney+ either, so I’ve caught some good movies too.

The real gold though is the kids shows and lack of commercials, Blows the doors off the Amazon and Netflix kids options, and I’m only subscribing to one service, so Disney it is.

It's pretty much the same for us with the kid shows but the last couple SW series really annoyed me (Acolyte and Ahsoka). We both enjoyed Loki and most of Mandalorian (especially S1). I surprisingly became a fan of the Deadpool movies when the 1st came out and I got the 4K disc onsale. Since then I've totally laughed my a$$ off with them all (the extended second one is awesome IMHO).

Yep, if I drop anything it'd be Netflix but the wife likes a few things there and they manage to get maybe 1 or 2 movies a year I want to watch. I was way psyched to see Godzilla Minus One in 4K/DV/Atmos when it debuted last month. We both liked Sandman and Onepiece as well. Otherwise, I spend more time trying to find something to watch there and usually end up back at Disney or Max after giving up.

Become a Patron!
Back