ADATA Joins the Handheld Gaming Arena at Computex 2024

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
We dropped by ADATA’s booth at Computex 2024 to check out their new wares that will be hitting the market in the near future. The quick summary includes a new handheld gaming console, a handful of cases, a new generation of AIO CPU coolers and PSUs upgraded to include ATX 3.1 support. ADATA XPG NIA […]

See full article...

This is surprising to see them join this list as they have been around a while, but not a huge gaming company in my eyes.

I like how it (handheld) has an upgradeable memory option. Overall a snazzy-looking design to boot plus that sliding screen seems nice.

I'm surprised to see them joining the BTF case design as well. Seems like this is starting to gain some traction. Only time will tell if it really takes off.

This is surprising to see them join this list as they have been around a while, but not a huge gaming company in my eyes.

I agree, I usually think of memory or storage when it comes to them and tend to forget all the other things they make.

I'm surprised to see them joining the BTF case design as well. Seems like this is starting to gain some traction. Only time will tell if it really takes off.
I really like the cable plug ins behind the motherboard, not only for looks, but just makes everything easier and cleaner. My Z790 Project Zero is very nice for that reason.
The BTF graphics card design is a plus as well, but not sure if that will take off as well.

Their XPG brand is certainly focused on gaming, but I would say it has a much better presence outside the US, especially over the course of recent history. They do seem intent on making a larger US push now...

I like how it (handheld) has an upgradeable memory option. Overall a snazzy-looking design to boot plus that sliding screen seems nice.

BTF/Project Zero/etc is very much a chicken or egg sort of thing - the average home user isn't going to be interested in an ecosystem with 2 motherboards, 2 GPUs and 3 cases to chose from with an uncertain upgrade path down the road. Now, system builders that sell "custom" systems could do very well with this - a differentiating feature of no wires and consumers that aren't as worried about swapping components as frequently.

For cases that are wide enough, it's really not that hard to add the back of board support - the case just needs to have a couple inches of room under the motherboard to do the plumbing - which is accomplished usually by putting the board up on a platform instead of more flush with the back of the case.

Right now, all of these back of board kits have largely sold as combos to "reduce consumer confusion about compatibility" which also puts the brakes on things a bit...

Become a Patron!
Back