Adata Teases XPG Gaming Mouse with 1 TB of Solid State Memory

I'm still using samsung 830 and OCZ Vertex3 SSDs at work, that were purchased in 2011, or early 2012. They were the primary workhorse until we replaced them with larger ones, but they still see heavy usage in secondary workstations. Without a single failure ever.
I’ve had all 6 vertex 1s, and all 4 vertex 2s I personally owned fail. My 2 old Intel X25-E 64gb drives from like 2008 still work fine, though 64 gb drives are feeling really too small for anything

I’ve had all 6 vertex 1s, and all 4 vertex 2s I personally owned fail. My 2 old Intel X25-E 64gb drives from like 2008 still work fine, though 64 gb drives are feeling really too small for anything
Yeah I've heard horror stories about earlier OCZ SSDs, but the 3s seem solid. We purchased a bunch in 2011 (not my choice), but they worked out fine, the 60GB ones become too small even as boot drives a few years ago.

I'm still using samsung 830 and OCZ Vertex3 SSDs at work, that were purchased in 2011, or early 2012. They were the primary workhorse until we replaced them with larger ones, but they still see heavy usage in secondary workstations. Without a single failure ever.

My Samsung 830's were great. The OCZ drives, not so much. I had Agility 2's, Vertex 2's and Vertex 3's and they dropped like proverbial flies. Never had a single one make it past 2 years.

It isn't that they ran out of write endurance. They all just suffered random failures. Suddenly one day they started having bad sectors, or didn't respond to being powered on.

Last edited:
or didn't respond to being powered on
My experience with one each of Samsung (830), Sandisk Ultra II, and OCZ Vertex 2.

The Vertex 2 replacement started acting up, so it's 'there', but it **** near locks the system up when accessed. Had to unplug it from the spare system it was on, it's getting chunked next it gets opened.

Become a Patron!
Back