AIC Benefit?

Might not be able to boot, depending on drivers.

Sits vertically, so cooling is easier

If your m.2 slots are full...

Might not be able to boot, depending on drivers.

Sits vertically, so cooling is easier

If your m.2 slots are full...
Cool -- So seems like there's no real benefit then. Given that generally their prices are more expensive, I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

"Experience lightning fast gameplay with this bootable, plug and play add-in-card that reaches extreme velocity with minimum effort. Includes customizable RGB lighting and heatsink. "

Says bootable. I looked that over and passed it up due to size vs price. I tinkered with the idea of adding it to the TR box, but just went with another NVME instead.
It's easier, and cheaper to go with a m.2, at least for the OS and run games and such off of a decent sized sata ssd. I don't think the performance for $300 is worth it

AIC's are what I use for my older Servers that don't have NVMe access via U.2 and of course has no M.2 devices. I get AIC cards for NVMe drives and they work like a champ!

Says bootable.
I've seen a lot of AIC's that are "bootable" but require a lot of driver magic and shenanigans to make it work. Not necessarily NVMe, but older raid controllers and SATA cards and such. So I'd take that for what it's worth.

I've seen a lot of AIC's that are "bootable" but require a lot of driver magic and shenanigans to make it work. Not necessarily NVMe, but older raid controllers and SATA cards and such. So I'd take that for what it's worth.
True

Become a Patron!
Back