Airless Tires Are Coming to Passenger Vehicles as Early as 2024

I tried watching that second longer video for useful information. Other than learning the spoke structure was made of a form of fiberglass I don't understand anything new about this tire. I would think a run flat design with a similar spoke structure to extend life would be as welcome if not more so. Plus how does this tire handle camber issues? Or toe issues? Are vehicle suspensions going go be able to handle the stress of the ultra flat surface? I know on a perfectly aligned car not driven to an extreme it will be fine and probably super grippy. But what about some of the performance cars. Will it be able to handle the heat from hard driving? The torque issues of breaking and turning at 2x or more g forces from 4 thousand lbs cars?

It looks cool so I want to know more but it's clear they are not willing to share more yet.
I don't see this type of tire being practical for racing conditions. They give way too easily. The ribbed structure would have to be reinforced considerably. Maybe a sidewall would be enough.

Become a Patron!
Back