Alienware Announces World’s First Quantum Dot OLED Gaming Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
alienware-qd-oled-monitor-front-and-back-light-blue-bg-1024x576.jpg
Image: Alienware

Alienware will be the first company to release a Quantum Dot OLED gaming monitor.

Revealed in an article today alongside other upcoming products such as the m17 R5 laptop and tri-mode wireless gaming mouse, Alienware’s AW3423DW is a 34-inch display that combines two of the latest display technologies, OLED and Quantum Dot, to deliver heightened visuals. The monitor boasts a special warranty for those who fear burn-in.

“In its simplest form, a QD-OLED display combines the impressive picture qualities of OLED with Quantum Dot technology to deliver a vibrant, life-like color performance including consistent color uniformity, wide color coverage, incredible brightness and OLED reliability we stand behind with a 3-year limited hardware warranty that covers OLED burn-in,” Alienware wrote.

Key features, as explained by...

Continue reading...

Somehow I wasn't expecting this tech so soon - will definitely be standing by for a 38" version!

These are the first of the new Samsung panels.

I can't wait for these to come in 85-90" TV's.

These are the first of the new Samsung panels.

I can't wait for these to come in 85-90" TV's.
We'll see - my wife has an automatic rejection for Samsung-branded electronics, and I'm similarly difficult to convince. If someone else (the way say Sony uses LG OLED panels currently) puts the panels in a TV cabinet, I might be more interested, contingent on performance. And LGs OLEDs already set a very high bar there.

Similarly, my 38" Alienware monitor uses an LG panel, but Dell has done a significantly better job making a monitor out of it than LG did, which is why Dell's announcement here is pretty exciting. Not everything they put out is a grand slam, but monitors they know.

I want one yesterday! Need to replace aging U3011 that's been my primary for 5+ years.

We'll see - my wife has an automatic rejection for Samsung-branded electronics, and I'm similarly difficult to convince. If someone else (the way say Sony uses LG OLED panels currently) puts the panels in a TV cabinet, I might be more interested, contingent on performance. And LGs OLEDs already set a very high bar there.

Similarly, my 38" Alienware monitor uses an LG panel, but Dell has done a significantly better job making a monitor out of it than LG did, which is why Dell's announcement here is pretty exciting. Not everything they put out is a grand slam, but monitors they know.
You might want to watch the LTT video on these panels. They're very impressive. Make the LG OLED's look like crap.

Here's Vincent's from HDTVTest Has to say about the new monitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSyooKEN4Mg

Become a Patron!
Back