Aloy Will Have a Female Companion in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Guerrilla Games has revealed that Aloy will partner up with a new female companion named Seyka in Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores, the new expansion for the 2022 game that is scheduled for release this month. “Confident, compassionate, and fierce, Seyka’s quite unlike anyone Aloy has ever encountered, and she plays an important role in the next chapter of Aloy’s journey," reads a description of the character that Anne van der Zanden, Senior Community Manager at Guerrilla, shared today as part of an article that introduces the sea-faring Quen tribe, leading some Horizon fans to believe that she could be a potential love interest. Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores is out on April 19 for $19.99, exclusively for PlayStation 5.

See full article...

“Confident, compassionate, and fierce, Seyka’s quite unlike anyone Aloy has ever encountered, and she plays an important role in the next chapter of Aloy’s journey,"

So ... Aloy will turn out to be a lesbian? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Explains a lot.

So ... Aloy will turn out to be a lesbian? (not that there's anything wrong with that)
No, nothing wrong with that. However there is something seriously wrong with making every prominent fictional character some kind of alphabet soup member.

I swear they do it to deliberately spite fans at this point. You like Aloy, gamer? WELL now she's gay, how do you like that? What you still like her? WE'LL make her a trans robot then!

“Confident, compassionate, and fierce, Seyka’s quite unlike anyone Aloy has ever encountered, and she plays an important role in the next chapter of Aloy’s journey,"

Explains a lot.

I don't realy want to spoil anything about the game for those who haven't played yet, but there are more companions in the base game.

Meh... just because Alloy has a female companion that is capable, WE are the ones assigning anything sexual to the relationship.

If you know the story Sexuality for Ally is probably rather... asexual. If they start on that path in the story now it would be atypical of what they have done in the entire first game.

Meh... just because Alloy has a female companion that is capable, WE are the ones assigning anything sexual to the relationship.

If you know the story Sexuality for Ally is probably rather... asexual. If they start on that path in the story now it would be atypical of what they have done in the entire first game.
They set the bed (the entertainment media complex) by race, gender, sex swapping characters left right and center. Now they must lay in it. I can't help but assume they are doing their not so secret gay agenda unless I see confirmation to the contrary.

It is entirely possible it is only the media that is spinning it this way. But they made me so cynical and jaded that I'm going to assume the worst by default.

They set the bed (the entertainment media complex) by race, gender, sex swapping characters left right and center. Now they must lay in it. I can't help but assume they are doing their not so secret gay agenda unless I see confirmation to the contrary.

It is entirely possible it is only the media that is spinning it this way. But they made me so cynical and jaded that I'm going to assume the worst by default.

Not in an effort to be rude... but it feels like you were BORN cynical and Jaded. ;)

Not in an effort to be rude... but it feels like you were BORN cynical and Jaded. ;)
Au contraire, I'm too naive and trusting for my own good. I always assume that everyone is truthful in a conversation. I've been burned a few times like that. But western entertainment media has shown that it cannot be trusted to not have an ulterior motive. I've seen too many fictional franchises heroes and universes ruined by hacks, charlatans and agenda driven outsiders. The sad reality is that making an entertaining product has become a secondery or even lesser concern for mainstream media companies.

Become a Patron!
Back