AM5 Motherboard Master List

Space_Ranger

Semi-regular
Saw this thread over at [H] and thought it'd be a good inclusion for our forums as well.

Man... I mean I get it... but all the motherboards that support 10gig internet are SO EXPENSIVE.

I suppose it's with reason.

To me this highlights the depressing fact that motherboards are gonna be stupid expensive if you want all the good features..

Saw this thread over at [H] and thought it'd be a good inclusion for our forums as well.

Nice, thanks!

Man... I mean I get it... but all the motherboards that support 10gig internet are SO EXPENSIVE.
ASUS' ProArt and Gigabyte's Aero D line are about as inexpensive as it gets, around US$400.

If it helps, motherboards beyond those from pretty much anyone jump in price significantly. Like US$600+, and perhaps double that on the top end.

From what I can tell the broad availability of 2.5Gbit NICs has dampened the demand of 10Gbit NICs considerably, at least in the eyes of motherboard manufacturers.

ASUS' ProArt and Gigabyte's Aero D line are about as inexpensive as it gets, around US$400.
Well that is certainly depressing. I sorely miss when top-end boards were around $150. Even the $180 my friends paid for their X570 boards would be very acceptable. I'm no stranger to expensive-@ss boards myself though. I paid $400 for my current X99 board in 2014. That didn't feel good. Like getting tackled by Terrible Terry Tate.

Well, 'high-end' has a new meaning-ish;

Since all your 'basic' Z / X boards will have >300W power delivery, at least PCIE4 everywhere, and DDR5, the only thing left to add are the luxury features, i.e. TB4/USB4 and 10Gbit, and overclocking / enthusiast features, like the post code display and onboard power and reset buttons.

You'll see the decent mid-range boards come with more headers for say temperature sensors, fans, water pumps, and some will have voltage measuring points for use with a multimeter or oscilloscope.

So a basic board will have everything you absolutely need. And in a lot of cases, that's also enough for most enthusiasts; you're simply not going to get much more than frustration trying to get any real performance from overclocking, while most boards of the Z / X lines support enough tuning to get a system to ~99%.

Become a Patron!
Back