AMC Luring People Back to Theaters with 15-Cent Tickets

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amc-logo-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMC

AMC Theaters has announced that many of its cinemas are opening back up on August 20. In order to ensure that people actually show up, the company will be running a clever, one-day promotion called “Movies in 2020 at 1920 Prices.” For those of you who are unfamiliar with Hollywood accounting history, that means 15-cent tickets.

This sounds like a real bargain, but unfortunately, we’re not sure if there’s anything to watch (newer movies, such as Russel Crowe’s Unhinged, don’t begin screening until 8/21). Critics are also accusing AMC of inadvertently fueling COVID-19 cases with this promotion.

Celebrate a century of movies at AMC with 15¢ tickets to any movie on Thursday, August 20! Hurry – get your tickets online now before they sell out! https://t.co/FyQXj4G9qb pic.twitter.com/1TQcT2iU35— AMC Theatres...

Continue reading...

**** I'd go to the movies at that price!

The AMC theater here is just the opposite. It's a new one build a couple years ago with stadium, badass reclining seating w/ trays that slide over if you have food/drinks.

**** I'd go to the movies at that price!

The AMC theater here is just the opposite. It's a new one build a couple years ago with stadium, badass reclining seating w/ trays that slide over if you have food/drinks.
I don't think we even have 'em where I live. Regal and another franchise I can't remember at the moment.

Become a Patron!
Back