AMD’s New Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 Driver Improves Non-Gaming Power Consumption by Up to 72 Percent

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-virtual-assembly-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD released its Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 driver and software package last week, which introduced a handful of new features and significant changes such as AMD Link, a simplified user interface, and expanded performance metrics and tuning. According to tests by TechPowerUp, the new drivers also include an unadvertised benefit—significantly lower non-gaming power consumption. The idle power draw of the Radeon RX 6800 XT, for instance, drops from around 28 watts to under 10 watts with the Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.4.1 driver versus 21.3.2, while power draw during media playback sees a similarly sharp decrease from 50 watts down to around 33 watts...

Continue reading...

I won't notice as my 6800 xt vram runs at 100% all the time. It has been like this since I got it a couple of months ago. Weird thing is my old 660 ti down clocked the vram properly on the same monitor. Doing nothing but idle it pulls around 22-25 watts.

Become a Patron!
Back