AMD Announces 4th Gen EPYC Processors with Up to 96 Cores, Up to 2.8x More Performance

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has announced its 4th Gen EPYC processors, confirming the specifications for 18 new models that promise what the company has described as unmatched performance for professional workloads thanks to improvements enabled by the new Zen 4 architecture.

See full article...

Wish I had the need (or cash) for a dual socket system. My own personal super computer.

192 cores, 384 threads.

Wish I had the need (or cash) for a dual socket system. My own personal super computer.

192 cores, 384 threads.
I'd settle for a Zen 4 Threadripper - maybe 32 cores at 5.5GHz all-core with a custom loop.

Of course, the main advantage is in PCIe lanes and memory capacity.

I could see a pair of these 32 core zen cpus in my esxi host refresh. Hummmm...

Man... a pair of 96 core CPU's with 8TB of ram... mmm I bet that could host a server for Star Citizen. lol

I could use a few dual socket blades with those bad boys on them.

What really sucks is you can't have a mixed environment of intel and amd in vmware. HA doesn't work. Which sucks because I couldn't add capacity with these, I'd have to replace entire clusters. That's a big PITA.

I could use a few dual socket blades with those bad boys on them.

What really sucks is you can't have a mixed environment of intel and amd in vmware. HA doesn't work. Which sucks because I couldn't add capacity with these, I'd have to replace entire clusters. That's a big PITA.

So could I, but I think I'll just stick to buying 7V12s for a while. lol

Somewhere along the way I missed that Zen 4 brought EPYC from 8 memory channels to 12!!!

I'd settle for a Zen 4 Threadripper
This x1,000,000. We never got Zen 3 Threadripper, which is some real f*cking bullsh1t (no Threadripper Pro does NOT count), but they better bring out a Zen 4 Threadripper!!!

Somewhere along the way I missed that Zen 4 brought EPYC from 8 memory channels to 12!!!

This x1,000,000. We never got Zen 3 Threadripper, which is some real f*cking bullsh1t (no Threadripper Pro does NOT count), but they better bring out a Zen 4 Threadripper!!!
Just need an updated version of this bad boy to go with it!

Become a Patron!
Back