AMD Announces Radeon RX 6900 XT ($999), Radeon RX 6800 XT ($649), and Radeon RX 6800 ($579)

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su had teased that the Radeon RX 6000 Series would comprise some of the most powerful graphics cards that red team had ever created, and it appears that she wasn’t kidding.

AMD officially unveiled the Radeon RX 6900 XT, Radeon RX 6800 XT, and Radeon RX 6800 today, and if the company’s benchmarks are to be believed, they annihilate the performance of their RDNA predecessors. The metrics also suggest that they can trade blows with NVIDIA’s flagship GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3090 GPUs, which indicates that GeForce and Radeon may be on equal footing again.

Here is the complete stack of Radeon RX...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The software or/and features stack looks very promising. No clarity on perf impacts of ray tracing. ( Unless i missed something)

More cards we wont be able to buy so whichever I find first may end up beeing bought if the benchmarks hold true

What would AMD have to gain from making s$it up?
For one, there is no product to sell right now, so no advantage there.
Second, it's all out on the table from the CEO not some cheezy website. She stands major internets rage if she does, and loses all credibility.
That said, their game choices are a little weak, plus they admit in the fine print that they overclocked their 6900 XT (using automatic Adrenaline "Rage" feature).
But still, they got my attention.....
compelling performance, more memory, lower power consumption and cheaper prices at the top tier.
Now, if they just have product on November 18th.....I'm in for a 6800 XT.

1440p with vs without rays — we have 240hz 1440p monitors, it will be great seeing how these can pump frames out.

Ray tracing performance is going to be the big decider for me. With NVIDIA supposedly adding Freesync support to G-SYNC Ultimate monitors I would have no problems going AMD this generation. But Ampere is a monster at ray tracing.

I was originally (pre release) all in for a 3090, or a 3080 if I couldn't get a 3090. When supply issues made it impossible for me to order either one, I decided to wait for the AMD announcement. At this point, assuming availability, I may just go for the 6900XT. I don't expect that Ray Tracing even on the 30X0 series will be fast enough in 2 years, and I typically like to skip a generation. So if RT isn't likely to be a compelling feature, all I really need out of AMD is competitive Raster performance, and it looks like I'll get that.

I think I want the 6800xt but I'll wait for reviews before I order. If this means I miss out this holiday season so be it.

And the 6900XT is overclocked and has SAM enabled (which requires a 5000 series Ryzen CPU)

I gotta admit I do kinda love the whole SAM thing. But I don't think that will be a huge deal.. I mean if you PCIE 4x16 you have to be on AMD anyway.

I kinda hope they release SAM for the 3000 series Or at least the Ryzen 9 series CPU's too. ;)

I suspect the graphs are reasonably accurate - I could see over stating performance, not aimed at consumers, but aimed at NVidia... If the 6900 is in the same class as the 3090 (even up to 10% slower) the $999 vs NV $1499 is gonna put a lot of pressure on Jensen. I could even see 3090 sales tanking as news gets out and people start looking for 3rd party benchmarks and reviews.

I Dont think AMD over stated, for whatever specific test setup they used the results are (imho) repeatable.

I am a 4k gamer, less shooters, more RPG, good solid 4k performance with decent (doesnt even need to be the best) ray tracing will make me happy.

It would be nice if the graphs at least stated they did or didnt include the 13% though it is odd only one title was mentioned.

Become a Patron!
Back