AMD Announces Radeon RX 7900 XT (20 GB, $899) and Radeon RX 7900 XTX (24 GB, $999) RDNA 3 Graphics Cards with DisplayPort 2.1, 2x 8-Pin Power Conne...

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has announced the Radeon RX 7900 XT (20 GB) and Radeon RX 7900 XTX (24 GB), its first next-generation gaming graphics cards built on the new RNDA 3 architecture.

See full article...

Prices at least seem better then Nvidia if they hold true in Europe and if performance is there, I may got AMD

while RDNA3 is technically a chiplet design, people expecting multiple gpus on a single package are going to be dissapointed.

I don't think it will go head to head with the RTX4090, but I can see even the 7900XT beating the RTX4080.

Hmm, will be interesting to see benchmarks.

7900XTX, is 100W less than a 4090 - so no, I don't expect it will take performance crown, particularly in RT, but I am curious to see how close it comes - particularly to the 3080, where it comes closer to price parity.

I am kinda glad to see AI and RT delegated to a lower-tier marketing bulletpoint, instead of a mainline attraction. I've felt they are overhyped buzzword marketing since RTX.

Yea waiting for these reviews. If these are performance comparative with Nvidias top of the line for almost 600 less... that will be a freaking mazing.

Hmm, will be interesting to see benchmarks.

7900XTX, is 100W less than a 4090 - so no, I don't expect it will take performance crown, particularly in RT, but I am curious to see how close it comes - particularly to the 3080, where it comes closer to price parity.

I am kinda glad to see AI and RT delegated to a lower-tier marketing bulletpoint, instead of a mainline attraction. I've felt they are overhyped buzzword marketing since RTX.
What are you talking about? RT and AI are being pushed hard by nvidia and most newer titles support them.

AMD can't tout any of those simply because it still kind of sucks on them, sucks less yes, but still...

What are you talking about? RT and AI are being pushed hard by nvidia
I was talking about AMDs marketing with these cards — of course they are downplaying it. nVidia is the only one pushing it - everyone else is just including some token ability so they can check a box. Go look up RT and Ai in the latest AMD press release. Hint: It’s not in bold letters at the top.

So I think we are saying the same thing, from different angles.

And I agree - it’s just nVidia trying to create a market. But nVidia is very good at that.

I couldn't care less about ray tracing. Raster performance of the 7900XTX should be pretty dang close to the 4090. It should also be a pretty good card for streaming and content creation. At $1000 it'll be a bargain.

Now, the real question, will they actually exist and be in stock? Or are we going to have a repeat of the 6000 series launch where Linus, J2C and GN get a dozen cards between them and about 10 cards actually make it to retail chains.

I couldn't care less about ray tracing. Raster performance of the 7900XTX should be pretty dang close to the 4090. It should also be a pretty good card for streaming and content creation. At $1000 it'll be a bargain.

Now, the real question, will they actually exist and be in stock? Or are we going to have a repeat of the 6000 series launch where Linus, J2C and GN get a dozen cards between them and about 10 cards actually make it to retail chains.
That's a bit of an exaggeration. I got mine in Febuary after release. It wasn't EASY per say... but there you have it.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. I got mine in Febuary after release. It wasn't EASY per say... but there you have it.
You just proved my point. 6000 series was released Dec 8. Might as well have been a paper launch as they were nowhere to be found. Months later they started trickling in, and you had to watch discord and youtube channels for stock notification. Even then barely any were hitting the market. Wasn't until mid to late 2021 that they started to become readily available.

Raster performance of the 7900XTX should be pretty dang close to the 4090
At 4K the 4090 is beating the 7900XTX in Watch Dogs Legion without RT according to the numbers AMD provided and that is a pretty AMD favored title
Also the 4090 appears to match the 7900XTX in CoD MW2 and that is heavily AMD favored

This is a disappointing generation for top end performance for AMD. Hopefully they price their entire lineup well.

This of course isn't considering how close the 4080 16G is to the 4090 in raster as we don't have independent reviews yet.

The 7900XT(X) may both beat the 4080 in raster by a lot but the 4090 appears to be in a league of it's own

Last edited:
At 4K the 4090 is beating the 7900XTX in Watch Dogs Legion without RT according to the numbers AMD provided and that is a pretty AMD favored title
Also the 4090 appears to match the 7900XTX in CoD MW2 and that is heavily AMD favored

This is a disappointing generation for top end performance for AMD. Hopefully they price their entire lineup well.

This of course isn't considering how close the 4080 16G is to the 4090 in raster as we don't have independent reviews yet.

The 7900XT(X) may both beat the 4080 in raster by a lot but the 4090 appears to be in a league of it's own

It depends on the price, if the 7900XTX sells for less then 1500€ that would be between 800 to 1000€ less then the 4090, I'm willing to take a bit less performance in that case as long as it beats my 3080 by a decent margin.

Finding one in stock may be the hard part.

One other note. Amd has historically lagged behind Nvidia at launch yet catches up over time with driver updates.

6000 release was a disaster, but really only made so because of their own crowing about how they were going to be so much better at availability, and you just needed to learn to mash F5 better. In your case, you either got lucky or were very persistent, but don't mistake that for any kind of general availability.

I suspect there were a lot of mass sales going on to miners behind the scenes (either direct from the AIBs or retailers -- AMD doesn't always have the strongest AIB partners). It took about a year for you to be able to find these retail - and once they did hit general availability they seemed to be everywhere all at once - a good few months before nVidia availabilty started.

I don't think so. It is less performance (if all those numbers hold up). It's also $500 less cost, which is significant. They aren't pricing it to line up against the 4090, but if it's still coming anywhere close in performance, at significantly less power and cost, that's still a win I think.

Become a Patron!
Back