AMD Benchmarks Suggest Ryzen 7 7800X3D Is 7% Faster in Gaming on Average than 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 7 7800X3D is finally releasing soon, and while early adopters should be able to get their hands on AMD's latest Zen 3 CPU with 3D V-Cache in just a few days, an official slide has leaked out that teases how the chip might compare with one of Intel's Raptor Lake flagships in some of today's more popular games. According to the official slide with first-party benchmarks titled "better than the competition's high end," the Ryzen 7 7800X3D will feature 7% faster gaming performance on average than the 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K, a CPU with hybrid architecture that can be purchased for as low as $499.99 at the time of this posting. The AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D will be available beginning Thursday, April 6, for $449, while the Ryzen 9 7950X3D and Ryzen 9 7900X3D are now available for $699 and $599, respectively.

See full article...

The 7800x3d should be the next king of gaming if trends continue. But not do so well at productivity.

Is it just me that feels like the x3d varients belong in a console? I mean that's ALL they do.

The 7800x3d should be the next king of gaming if trends continue. But not do so well at productivity.

Is it just me that feels like the x3d varients belong in a console? I mean that's ALL they do.

Not exactly all. Some software can make good use of it's large L3 foot print, but I hate that most of the 7000-series X3D parts only have the "3D L3" cache on half the CPU. Really hurts them in the "some software" department.

Not exactly all. Some software can make good use of it's large L3 foot print, but I hate that most of the 7000-series X3D parts only have the "3D L3" cache on half the CPU. Really hurts them in the "some software" department.
That's why the 7800 should be kind of that. No other CCD to worry with.

Yeah, it should be and probably is really good at it; but with only 8 cores and 16 threads you might as well go with the 7950X3D which will be faster than the 7800X3D at that plus a lot faster at other things due to the other CCD with 8 more cores. You just gotta make sure the software you are running that takes advantage of the extra L3 only runs on the 3XD chip. Which is pretty easy to do in Windows using process lasso, but Linux gets a little more complicated and you want to run Linux because it's generally faster anyway.

If the 7950X3D used the X3D cache on both of the chiplets that thing would be a monster.

Yeah, it should be and probably is really good at it; but with only 8 cores and 16 threads you might as well go with the 7950X3D which will be faster than the 7800X3D at that plus a lot faster at other things due to the other CCD with 8 more cores. You just gotta make sure the software you are running that takes advantage of the extra L3 only runs on the 3XD chip. Which is pretty easy to do in Windows using process lasso, but Linux gets a little more complicated and you want to run Linux because it's generally faster anyway.

If the 7950X3D used the X3D cache on both of the chiplets that thing would be a monster.
Intend to agree except if your ONLY focus is only gaming stick with the 7800 x3d. If you need many fast threads and only game some a 7900x or 7950x will more than meet the need and be a bit cheaper to boot.

Become a Patron!
Back