AMD Brings Smart Access Memory to Ryzen 3000 Series Processors

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-radeon-smart-access-memory-1024x576.jpg

AMD’s Smart Access Memory technology is officially no longer exclusive to Ryzen 5000 Series processors. Radeon CVP & GM Scott Herkelman confirmed the news during today’s Radeon RX 6700 event, noting that the performance boosting feature would soon be enabled for AMD’s older, Zen 2-based Ryzen 3000 Series processors. Red team has noted that the the Ryzen 5 3400G and Ryzen 3 3200G are excluded from Smart Access Memory support, however.

“A lot of you have been asking us about support on previous generation CPUs with AMD Smart Access Memory,” Herkelman said. “So today, we are announcing that in addition to the Ryzen 5000 Series processors, we will be enabling Ryzen 3000 Series processors to deliver the same great performance improvements with AMD’s Smart Access Memory technology when paired with an AMD...

Continue reading...

WOOT. But when?! lol. I play Forza Horizon 4, have a AMD 3900x and a 6800xt. This is good news all around. :)

I mean it's really just Resisable BAR, and I think we are going to see it on more than just AMD.
Here's hoping this somehow leads to NVIDIA expanding Resizable Bar to Ryzen 3000 series processors as well. I'm very curious what that could be like with my 3700x and RTX 3090. Probably won't happen but a man can dream.

I mean it's really just Resisable BAR, and I think we are going to see it on more than just AMD.

Several Z490 motherboards already support the feature. The ASUS Maximus XII Extreme does. I'm just waiting on a driver and video BIOS from NVIDIA to enable it.

Become a Patron!
Back