AMD Confirms “Unexpected Performance Limitations” with Some Radeon RX 7900 XTX Graphics Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Radeon RX 7900 XTX users who are claiming that their graphics cards are getting hotter than they're supposed to may not be overreacting, according to AMD, which has delivered a new statement to tech publications that suggest there is a genuine issue with its latest flagship GPUs built on the RDNA 3 architecture, launched on December 13, 2022, for $999.

See full article...

We are aware that in a FEW ISOLATED cases, users are experiencing unexpected thermal throttling on AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX graphics cards (AMD reference models)
Just freaking liars! Aww-Man, this is just disgusting now! You just can't make this stuff up, yo!

This situation (plus the CPU, etc. recent debacle) OFFICIALLY confirms that Su do not deserve the position that she's in (The wonderful PS3, Cell processor, lead by Su, anyone) and she is only PLACED in this position for other ill reasons. Mimicking GoT: Shame... 🔔 Shame... 🔔 Shame... 🔔!

Last edited:
8auer tore apart the cooler with a CNC drill. He seems to think there simply isnt enough coolant in the vapor chamber.

Just freaking liars! Aww-Man, this is just disgusting now! You just can't make this stuff up, yo!
Do you know how many are being affected?

Is it ~all~ of them? Just a couple of people?

I haven't seen the Reddit army march to crucify AMD like they did with nVidia, but I admit - I haven't been looking. Although, I wasn't looking on the behalf of nVidia either but I couldn't avoid seeing mentions of the 4090 dumpster fires. I haven't seen much on this AMD one other than a couple of posts.

If Su isn't fit because of this, I'd say Huang is guilty of the same thing.

Do you know how many are being affected?

Is it ~all~ of them? Just a couple of people?

I haven't seen the Reddit army march to crucify AMD like they did with nVidia, but I admit - I haven't been looking. Although, I wasn't looking on the behalf of nVidia either but I couldn't avoid seeing mentions of the 4090 dumpster fires. I haven't seen much on this AMD one other than a couple of posts.

If Su isn't fit because of this, I'd say Huang is guilty of the same thing.
One is already too many for what these CONS are asking for this already gouged overheated reactors.

When I read the horror stories from Discord, Reddit, etc. there's no need for any more debate and this is NOT an isolated (sheesh... just research 🙄) case and I will ALWAYS trust and BELIEVE IN MY FELLOW GAMERS/CONSUMERS' feedback, FIRST, over the suits, free-samplers, etc.

AMD just needs to (wo)man-up and take this L as a lesson learned and CORRECT its constant inferior business tactics... ASAP!

Men, nvidia must be laughing their ***** off. This is karma at its best.

BTW did everyone forget about the 16pin adapter fiasco already?

To be fair AMD doesn't make the coolers. And it seems to be only effecting a batch or two of them at most. None of the reviewers were able to replicate the overheating with the card samples they had. Der8auer had to have people from his community send him their cards.

This is really a nothing burger. Those effected will have their cards replaced.

Become a Patron!
Back