AMD Launches FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) for Seven Titles

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-fidelityfx-super-resolution-dna-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD has launched its highly anticipated spatial upscaling solution, FidelityFX Super Resolution. An open-source, cross-platform technology that utilizes an advanced edge reconstruction algorithm to analyze features in the source image and recreate them at a higher target resolution, FidelityFX Super Resolution is said to deliver 2.4X higher performance on average under its “Performance” mode at 4K across select titles compared to native resolution. AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution is supported on more than 100 AMD processors and GPUs, as well as select NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards. Gamers can try the technology out beginning today in 22 Racing Series, Anno 1800, Evil Genius 2, Godfall, Kingshunt, Terminator: Resistance, and The Riftbreaker. Support for AMD’s FidelityFX Super Resolution will be added to Resident Evil Village, Far Cry 6, and...

Continue reading...

I expect to see CP2077, Valhalla, some MMO titles here as well. Not just a handful of titles yet to come with a like sized handful of titles already out.

AS a 6800xt owner I am just waiting to see.

That seems to be the general consensus, "wait and see" cause right now it's just not supported on enough games, or games that matter.

Fairly decent first foot forward really.
Love the lack of a specific GPU vendor requirement, along with the large amount of modern hardware that it supports.
Hopefully they keep working on IQ and improving the game list.

Fairly decent first foot forward really.
Love the lack of a specific GPU vendor requirement, along with the large amount of modern hardware that it supports.
Hopefully they keep working on IQ and improving the game list.
Well, it would die on the vine without supporting nvidia cards, 80% of the marketshare and all that.
Don't think many games would have implemented it otherwise.

Well, it would die on the vine without supporting nvidia cards, 80% of the marketshare and all that.
Don't think many games would have implemented it otherwise.
No denying that but I think we have all seen companies shoot themselves in the foot due to pride before. Glad to see they choose differently.

Become a Patron!
Back