AMD Launches Ryzen 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
ryzen-amd-chip-background-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD has quietly launched its latest family of desktop APUs with built-in Radeon graphics, the Ryzen 5000 G-Series, which comprises the Ryzen 7 5700G, Ryzen 7 5700GE, Ryzen 5 5600G, Ryzen 5 5600GE, Ryzen 3 3500G, and Ryzen 3 5300GE processors. Pricing and dates of availability seem to be a mystery (red team hasn’t published a press release yet), but the company did share a slide deck with benchmarks demonstrating how the chips might perform against their predecessors and Intel’s options. The flagship Ryzen 7 5700G is said to be around 38 percent faster in content creation, 35 percent faster in productivity, 80 percent faster in compute performance, and 2.17x faster in gaming in comparison to the Core i7-10700. It is believed that AMD’s Ryzen 5000 G-Series will be available to OEMs and prebuilt systems only...

Continue reading...

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1661...oem-only-for-now-full-release-later-this-year
"...AMD is pointing out that these models are for the pre-built system market only right now. AMD has plans to enable a full retail offering for these components, but this will happen later in the year." Isn't that what they said about Renoir? And look how that turned out.

Also what the f*ck AMD, Cezanne still only has Vega graphics? At least put RDNA1 in there, if not RDNA2. "Users might be disheartened to hear that this is another APU with Vega 8 graphics. AMD made it clear that the jump from 12nm to 7nm gave them a lot of extra frequency, from 1400 MHz to 2100 MHz, which enabled them to optimize for 8 compute units of Vega on 7nm, rather than the 11 compute units on 12nm, and still give a substantial speed-up in performance. AMD’s philosophy with the APU line has been to mix and match what is needed on the product at the right time, and enabling RDNA/RDNA2 on an APU at the same time as changing the CPU core might be a couple of steps too much with a new product." Eh, I dunno about that.

"AMD has confirmed that X570, B550, and A520 motherboards will support the new 5000G processors. X470 and B450 motherboards might also be supported, but that depends on the motherboard manufacturer." That's cool, will be real handy for those APUs you won't even be able to buy.

...I guess those display ports and HDMI ports on B550 motherboards were a complete waste.
Haha that's what I was thinking.

Also what the f*ck AMD, Cezanne still only has Vega graphics? At least put RDNA1 in there, if not RDNA2.
Probably better for the resulting performance bracket though, right? Not like putting RT on there is going to help much :)

This should be vega's last hurrah in the APU space for main stream. Vega is really refined, and does well in a low power scenario. If these support hdmi 2.1 4k 120hz it would be amazing, however I think the navi based APU is going to take the cake. I'll probably still get a 5000 APU though. I'm a sucker.

Please AMD, don't leave me with just the 3000 series that don't work on B550's boards that I like.
It's already a pain to locate 4000 series cpu's. I'd take a 3400G, but a 6 or 8 core would be better. I had hoped that 5000 series would be a bit more accessible initially.

Half tempted to purchase a OEM box that has the 4750G like Asrock's Deskmini X300 and up the ram.

Please AMD, don't leave me with just the 3000 series that don't work on B550's boards that I like.
It's already a pain to locate 4000 series cpu's. I'd take a 3400G, but a 6 or 8 core would be better. I had hoped that 5000 series would be a bit more accessible initially.

Half tempted to purchase a OEM box that has the 4750G like Asrock's Deskmini X300 and up the ram.
I've got a 4650g i got off amazon from China in a gigabyte B550i Pro AX. Works very well on this board.

I've got a 4650g i got off amazon from China in a gigabyte B550i Pro AX. Works very well on this board.
Yeah, the B550 support the 4000 series, but I have yet to find any that support 2000 or 3000 series.

I'd love to get my hands on a 4650G at least for a reasonable price.

What did you score the 4650G for? Link?

Become a Patron!
Back