AMD Launching Radeon RX 5500 XT Next Week, Radeon RX 5600 XT in January?

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD's mid-range Radeon RX cards are right around the corner. According to VideoCardz, the Radeon RX 5500 XT will launch next week in two variants: 4 GB and 8 GB. Specifications and pricing remain unknown, but there is a possibility that the non-XT version will be exclusive to OEMs. The Radeon RX 5600 XT, which will feature GGDR6 memory, will supposedly land in January.

This is the first post where we mention the Radeon RX 5600 series. We have confirmed that at least two board partners are working on Radeon RX 5600 XT. The new Radeon would feature GDDR6 memory, which basically means that the full Radeon 5000 series lineup will stick to newer memory technology. This would be an advantage over Geforce GTX 16 series, which also features GDDR5-based models.

It's too bad they didn't announce it sooner. Ended up just getting a 1660 super.

I think the 1660 super would be hard to beat in value.
As much as I prefer AMD being underdog and all... 1660 offer a lot of value AMD just doesn't have a counter part right now.... At 229, nothing else makes sense to me .
These 5500 and 5600 might be good competitors maybe they might even undercut in price for a bit of less performance... I do doubt it would beat 1660 super though.

I just wish AMD had a Nvidia highlights feature for game play.
That gimmicky feature works well most the time and I end up enjoying a lot of my footage. Im no pro gamer so when I get some ungodly killing spree in Call of Duty I like to remember it lmao.
Regardless that alone wouldnt stop me from upgrading my friends PC to a 5600XT or 5700XT.

Become a Patron!
Back