AMD Launching Vega-Powered Ryzen 4000 APUs Soon? Up to 8C/16T for Laptops Spotted

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD is planning to bring even higher core counts to the laptop market with its Ryzen 4000 series. A variety of SKUs have been outed this week, which include the 8C/8T Ryzen 7 4700U, 6C/12T Ryzen 5 4600, Ryzen 7 3800H, and 8C/16T Ryzen 9 4900H.

According to a 3DMark database entry, the Ryzen 7 4700U will offer a base clock of 2 GHz and boost clock of 4.2 GHz. The chip doesn't appear to feature SMT (simultaneous multi-threading), but it does flaunt a Vega-based iGPU. Its U designation also teases a potential TDP of just 15 W, which would be impressive for an eight-core part.

As for the high-performance H series, recent retail listings of ASUS notebooks suggest that they are right around the corner. Their clocks are unknown, but they will support SMT and offer a TDP of 45 W or so. They'll compete with Intel's 9th Gen Core H-series.

I wonder what the APU will be equivalent to in GPU terms. My current gaming laptop has a 1050ti, which is a middle road 1080p performer. If I'm going to upgrade, I want to really "upgrayedd"

1577390056280.png

Yea the APU performance is going to matter a LOT really. For business systems if the cost and performance is there to drive a couple displays and make it so I can use all of my work tools I will want this!

Become a Patron!
Back