AMD Launching Zen 4 Ryzen Processors and RDNA 3 Radeon RX GPUs Next Year

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-radeon-pcie-4-product-collage-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD’s next-generation Ryzen and Radeon products will likely release next year. This is according to AMD CEO Dr. Lisa Su, who spoke during yesterday’s Q2 2021 earnings call and confirmed that its Zen 4 processors and RDNA 3 GPUs are “on track” to launch in 2022. While their actual availability upon release remains to be seen, AMD’s RDNA 3 GPUs (presumably the Radeon RX 7000 Series) are poised to be the first on the market to offer a multi-chip module design that is rumored to bring some very impressive advancements in performance and efficiency. AMD’s Zen 4-based Ryzen processors (code named “Raphael”) are also said to boast IPC gains of as much as 25 percent over its Zen 3 predecessors...

Continue reading...

I honestly would like to know how many RDNA2 GPU's AMD ended up selling since launch.

I can count on one hands fingers the people I know that have one.

I belong to a 300+ member Discord gaming group and there has never even been a discussion about one there.
All adults with decent incomes.

I honestly would like to know how many RDNA2 GPU's AMD ended up selling since launch.

I can count on one hands fingers the people I know that have one.

I belong to a 300+ member Discord gaming group and there has never even been a discussion about one there.
All adults with decent incomes.
Grimalkin is the only one I know of here, apart from the few in reviews. I assume you mean barring the consoles, which are RDNA2 as well, but ... not exactly GPU parts. Sony disclosed they've sold about 10M PS5's. The street estimate is that MS has sold about half that in XB1SQASSDAS models... and part of AMD's fab allocations have to go to producing those parts, along with CPU dies and everything else. So AMD is pretty constrained at the moment.

I had the opportunity to buy a 6700XT in the Shuffle, but the price was ludicrous. The prices on AMD GPUs at scalper levels always seem to skew much higher than the nVidia counterpart. The MSRPs, for the most part, I always found relatively reasonable. I never understood this.

I see what appears to be easing availability on lower end nVidia - the 3060 and Ti models are popping up in Shuffle pretty common, and I see stock occasionally at other places. I haven't seen much of anything from AMD though.

I have a 6700XT in my 5950, so add another person to your list. I got it on release day on the new egg shuffle for 699 - not msrp, but not ultra crazy either.

if you really want one, the local microcenter has at least 40, but they start at 909. They also have 6800s, 6800XTs, and 6900XTs in stock, just waiting for you to walk in and buy one.

I would have a 6700XT in my AMD machine if I could find one for a decent price, seen them in stock on AMD.com a couple times but never managed to get one into the basket, so far in stores around here the cheapest one I think is around 780€ but most are still 1k€ or more. (AMD ask for around 480€ so you do the math)

I would have a 6700XT in my AMD machine if I could find one for a decent price, seen them in stock on AMD.com a couple times but never managed to get one into the basket, so far in stores around here the cheapest one I think is around 780€ but most are still 1k€ or more. (AMD ask for around 480€ so you do the math)
Yeah this is what I don't get. I think the 6700XT is a great card - for maybe up to $500 USD. At $1k, it's ludicrous. But it seems to sell at that price, somehow.

Become a Patron!
Back