AMD Pits Radeon RX 7000 Series against Radeon RX 6000 Series

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD has shared a new set of first-party benchmarks to encourage Radeon RX 6000 Series owners to step up to its newer RDNA 3-powered products. According to the numbers shared by AMD, the Radeon RX 7900 XTX is 52 FPS faster than the Radeon RX 6950 XT, the company's previous flagship, on average in the realm of 4K gaming, while the Radeon RX 7900 XT offers some nice gains as well in that resolution versus its predecessor (180 FPS vs. 148 FPS). Some critics of AMD have pointed out that the company has inadvertently advertised how the Radeon RX 7900 XT is only up to 7% faster than the Radeon RX 6950 XT, but costs quite a bit more.

See full article...

I doubt many 6950 XT owners are greatly interested in the 7900 XT, even though it is a nice card. However, I could believe there are many who would get a 7900 XTX if they could find one.

I "almost" pulled the trigger on an in stock Gigabyte Aorus 7900 XTX yesterday. But, I'm going to hold off until waterblocks are available. They're not even available for reference cards yet, so I don't see them coming out for non-reference PCB's any time soon.

I use this site for stock:
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx7900/
It's been a while but I used to use that one as well. I found another during the first Ampere releases but I forget what it was. I stopped checking both around a year or two ago. My luck was never fast enough to beat the bots back then and it ultimately just came down to blind luck when checking BB/Amazon/Newegg.

I wasn't aware that blocks are not out for the XTX yet. How odd.

It's been a while but I used to use that one as well. I found another during the first Ampere releases but I forget what it was. I stopped checking both around a year or two ago. My luck was never fast enough to beat the bots back then and it ultimately just came down to blind luck when checking BB/Amazon/Newegg.

I wasn't aware that blocks are not out for the XTX yet. How odd.

All of them on EK's site are available to order or pre-order with an estimated delivery date of 2/9. And they must have added a few for non-reference PCB's in the last day since they weren't there Wednesday. Showing ones for Red Devil and TUF.

Become a Patron!
Back