AMD Places above Intel in List of 2024’s Most Valuable Brands

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
AMD, the chipmaker best known for its Ryzen, Radeon, and EPYC products, now has better brand recognition than Intel, one of its biggest competitors in the tech industry, according to a list of this year's most valuable global brands from Kantar, a company that describes itself as the world's leading marketing data and analytics business.

See full article...

I think the real news is nvidia. Prior to the AI craze, it was relatively unknown compared to intel and even AMD

Last edited:
I think the real news is nvidia. Prior to the AI craze, it was relatively unknown compared to intel and even AMD
True. Outside of gaming it was pretty well unknown. I remember seeing articles very recently on how to pronounce the name on some financial news sites

Idk, I do like AMD in general, but I always feel that they are one good Intel CEO away from being in trouble again.

Idk, I do like AMD in general, but I always feel that they are one good Intel CEO away from being in trouble again.
Intel doesn't give a crap about consumer products, whether they are better or worse by a few percentage points. Their bread and butter is datacenter where they rule the roost. AMD may even have a better datacenter product with Epyc, but most DC's won't make the switch as it's too costly in time and materials since you can't add AMD hosts to an Intel HA cluster, and vice versa. It's an "all or nothing" deal.

Intel's CEO and shareholders simply do not care.

On 2nd thought I think Kantar is making this to gain brand recognition itself ;) :rolleyes:

Never heard of them before.

Just goes to show, you never know. Wasn't that long ago that we were on a death watch for AMD thinking it could be any day now that they were bought out by somebody.

Become a Patron!
Back