AMD Radeon RX 6900 XTX Graphics Card Rumored with 18 Gbps GDDR6 Memory, Could Be Faster than NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-top-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD’s current flagship gaming product is the Radeon RX 6900 XT, an RDNA 2 graphics card with 80 Compute Units, 5,120 Stream Processors, 16 GB of GDDR6 memory, and a boost frequency of up to 2,250 MHz.

An image shared by CyberpunkCat suggests that its crown will be taken by an even more powerful Radeon graphics card called the Radeon RX 6900 XTX, which will naturally feature greater compute performance as well as memory bandwidth.

According to the image, AMD’s Radeon RX 6900 XTX will feature a peak single precision compute performance of 24.93 TFLOPs. This is an improvement over the Radeon RX 6900 XT model, which features a peak single precision compute performance of 23.04 TFLOPs. The difference is speculated to result in an 8 percent improvement in boost clock.

The image also suggests that the AMD Radeon RX 6900 XTX will feature 18 Gbps memory. This is 2...

Continue reading...

That would be nice...

...if anyone could buy it.

I just wish they would just shut up their marketing. I don't want to hear about new products or games that have added FSR support, because at this point it is as good as vaporware.

I don't want to hear anything at all out of AMD's (or Nvidia's) graphics marketing departments until they announce that every single model has sufficient availability at initial launch MSRP that anyone who wants one can walk in off the street and buy one without camping out in line overnight, waiting in lotteries so you can buy them as part of bundles with hardware you don't want, or paying excessive markups to scalpers, retailers OR AIB's.

Show me abundant availability at initial MSRP or just go away and don't come back until you can.

That would be nice...

...if anyone could buy it.

I just wish they would just shut up their marketing. I don't want to hear about new products or games that have added FSR support, because at this point it is as good as vaporware.

I don't want to hear anything at all out of AMD's (or Nvidia's) graphics marketing departments until they announce that every single model has sufficient availability at initial launch MSRP that anyone who wants one can walk in off the street and buy one without camping out in line overnight, waiting in lotteries so you can buy them as part of bundles with hardware you don't want, or paying excessive markups to scalpers, retailers OR AIB's.

Show me abundant availability at initial MSRP or just go away and don't come back until you can.
Sadly they will continue to inundate us with marketing bullshit. The more bullshit spewed, the more money they make it seems.

Sales people are wondering right now how do they prove their value. Nvidia and AMD could fire EVERYONE selling any of their consumer products. Drop a article on a news channel with a text blurb. "Releasing 300 thousand units of model's X,y,z expected to hit retailer shelves in October mid month. Watch for announcements." And every single one would sell out unless they were all the very top of the line card.

If I worked in sales for these products I would be nervous. The only thing they are doing is fielding complaints from angry retailers that can't get stock and are trying to hold their feet to the fire for not meeting agreed upon supply contracts.

I guess they cant get any mid range **** fabbed at all huh?

AMD cards in the past have had higher compute performance on paper, but it never translated to better performance compared to the competition. It's not like this XTX won't be priced into the 3090's bracket, anyway, so don't get too excited about it. Also funny how the article boasts about the 6900 XT "trades blows" with the 3090. Sure, if you take ray tracing completely out of the equation.

I love these titles.

"Could be faster"

It could be faster than a corvette going down the road.

It could be faster than a speeding bullet.

It could taste like a ham sandwich.

Become a Patron!
Back