AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX Matches NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 in Cyberpunk 2077 and Metro Exodus 4K Benchmarks, Comes Close in Watch Dogs: Legion

The big question here is if Nvidia will adjust prices downward to be more competitive at a lower price point given bow bad this launch is looking for them. Pretty sure they are checking all adapters now and possibly delaying 4080 launch to make sure no issues.

I'd recommend holding off on any new Samsung monitors until they have gone through extensive testing

A lot of their high-end monitors have had issues

Ya well monitors would be a few quarters out. At least 6-9 months.

The big question here is if Nvidia will adjust prices downward to be more competitive at a lower price point given bow bad this launch is looking for them. Pretty sure they are checking all adapters now and possibly delaying 4080 launch to make sure no issues.
My prediction: no, at least not at first. Prices will only adjust if they see the market moving and feel threatened. NVidia won’t feel threatened by just an announcement. AMD has to deliver and it has to be compelling enough for people to start buying/using them

Dang, that's unfortunate. I know 4 people that have been using 5700 XTs since 2019 and none of them have had any issues so far. Almost ended up with a 5700 XT myself before I happened upon a brand-new 1080 Ti for a similar price.

For what it's worth, coming from using nothing but Nvidia GPU's since my Radeon HD 7970, my experience with the 6900xt has been excellent.

Stability, driver options, you name it. Everything has worked just as well as Nvidia. There have been some minor differences in how things work, but nothing that has caused problems.

My only complaint is that enabling RT in many titles causes framerates to drop catastrophically.

For what it's worth, coming from using nothing but Nvidia GPU's since my Radeon HD 7970, my experience with the 6900xt has been excellent.

Stability, driver options, you name it. Everything has worked just as well as Nvidia. There have been some minor differences in how things work, but nothing that has caused problems.

My only complaint is that enabling RT in many titles causes framerates to drop catastrophically.
Ya it seems like RT is the one thing NV has going that AMD doesnt. I am hopeful the gap is much less with this generation, and perhaps non-existent with the next.

I have been very happy with my 6900xt. I dont really play much that is all that demanding - I do play everything at 4k, and with some of the older games (COH) you need a lot of brute force for that.

I have been very happy with my 6900xt. I dont really play much that is all that demanding - I do play everything at 4k, and with some of the older games (COH) you need a lot of brute force for that.
By COH did you mean City Of Heroes?

Become a Patron!
Back