AMD Releases Radeon RX 6000 Series Benchmark Comparison Tool

I'm a gamer, not a platform enthusiast.

A review from any reviewer for me is only viewed as a FIRST-LOOK, not my purchase decision from any product.

e.g. The iPhone 12 series were sold out in many countries less than 5-minutes WITHOUT ONE SINGLE REVIEW!

Just saying...
It’s amazing how many people will jump right in on the marketing, instead of waiting for hard verifiable data.

Hard data?! Or a hard distraction?

This so-called "hard data" is very subjective and have too many unknown variables.

Testing setup - open bench, air w/closure, AIOs, heck, nitrogen compared to my setup.
Ambient temps - my gaming room 23-24, the reviewers room 20-22.
OS / Programs - Reviewer clean OS w/games, and monitoring tools, me, the same plus anti-virus, AutoCad, Adobe suites, Final Cut, etc.

So much more.

So, that one source "hard data" is not conclusive for everyone's setup.

But, it is a decent source for a first-look.

Today everything can be returned without hassle (mostly) so it's not hard to "review" for yourself.

That said Tech reviews are entertaining an educational when done right. So a major part of the hobby.

I wouldnt drag phones in to this, especially Apple ones. It's not the same, at all.
Most ppl just buy a new phone when they need one and get on with their lives.

Hard data?! Or a hard distraction?

This so-called "hard data" is very subjective and have too many unknown variables.

Testing setup - open bench, air w/closure, AIOs, heck, nitrogen compared to my setup.
Ambient temps - my gaming room 23-24, the reviewers room 20-22.
OS / Programs - Reviewer clean OS w/games, and monitoring tools, me, the same plus anti-virus, AutoCad, Adobe suites, Final Cut, etc.

So much more.

So, that one source "hard data" is not conclusive for everyone's setup.

But, it is a decent source for a first-look.
Some places know how to do it right... (looks around)

Exactly my point. Today, many of "wise" consumers trust there own gut (just like the iPhone 12 analogy proves) more compared to those that receive "free / loaned samples" that have no investment to lose but the reviewer's time.

No "wise" consumers settles for a glorifying review without comparing them to others and the most important review of them all... The consumer unfiltered review!

Exactly my point. Today, many of "wise" consumers trust there own gut (just like the iPhone 12 analogy proves) more compared to those that receive "free / loaned samples" that have no investment to lose but the reviewer's time.

No "wise" consumers settles for a glorifying review without comparing them to others and the most important review of them all... The consumer unfiltered review!

*scratches head* Yeaaaa... I trust exactly 3 review sources. Two are youtubers which I really hate having to go through an video to get review data. And the other is this site. And of the three this site reigns supreme.

And as long as the comparisons are apples to apples. Meaning same platform and OS loadout between cards tested... then there is ZERO issue. You only run into issue when You're comparing between different machines and expecting perfectly like results. I run a lot of crap on my personal PC. Any of those can cause issues with performance no matter how minute. But as long as the testing is done on like platforms for results then where the heck is the issue?

I suppose some sites are not clear about doing that. And those I wouldn't trust either.

You know what @GunShot you rub me the wrong way... someone called you out on it before. If you stick around a while I'm sure my opinion will change. It just seems to me you're awful defensive about a particular companies product and trying to bend the conversation around what you want. If that's the case... I suppose it's a compliment to the site! ;)

Let me be clear, I'm not putting any reviewer on blast, and I take them all with a pinch-of-salt.

It is a business for many of them, if not all.

Therefore, I do not limit myself to a "certain" number of sources. I collect it from everywhere. If a reviewer gives me a lot of their "opinion" compared to sticking to the facts and results, welp!

I personally fail at brown-nosing, so, I find myself more grounded and not invited to the special parties.

I'm a gamer, not a platform enthusiast.

A review from any reviewer for me is only viewed as a FIRST-LOOK, not my purchase decision from any product.

e.g. The iPhone 12 series were sold out in many countries less than 5-minutes WITHOUT ONE SINGLE REVIEW!

Just saying...
yup, had people read reviews, probably it wouldn't sold out :p

I've learned a few things over the past 18 months building this place up (as both a website and as a "for profit" business) from..... a large hole in the savings account.

When you treat the review site thing as a business, labor by far is your highest cost. The cost of the product is almost always less and is ultimately a rounding error when you're making the decision of what to cover and what not to cover. Sure, if your time is valued at nothing, then there's no investment to lose, but from a business perspective, time is money and time is an opportunity cost that you could have reviewed a different product with that may have been more profitable from a traffic perspective. There are a number of products reviewed here that were purchased rather than sampled to us from a manufacturer.

Can’t tell if srs. /fry gif
Product reviews need to be done and read before a purchase decision is made in a product competitive market. Knowing a good review site or channel from a bad one is also important.

But saying reviews shouldn't give guidance to purchase decisions.... sounds like "Performance metrics don't tell the whole story." from Intel when AMD started winning. VERY much like that.

And trying to discredit reviews BEFORE they come out sounds suspiciously gorilla markety.

Product reviews need to be done and read before a purchase decision is made in a product competitive market. Knowing a good review site or channel from a bad one is also important.

But saying reviews shouldn't give guidance to purchase decisions.... sounds like "Performance metrics don't tell the whole story." from Intel when AMD started winning. VERY much like that.

And trying to discredit reviews BEFORE they come out sounds suspiciously gorilla markety.
But how does this relate to the iPhone 12? Why wouldn’t it have sold out with early reviews?

But how does this relate to the iPhone 12? Why wouldn’t it have sold out with early reviews?

Maybe we should discuss that in the Mobile or Phones sub forum instead of the tech forum in a thread about video cards?

Become a Patron!
Back