AMD Ryzen 3000 CPU and X570 Motherboard Prices Listed by Retailer

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Danish retailer Komplett.dk has revealed the pricing for a variety of third-generation Ryzen chips and X570 motherboards. You can check out the damage at PC Builder's Club, which has compiled the information in two handy charts.

These are stated in Danish crowns with 25 percent value added tax, which is why we calculate the prices in Euros and US Dollars without taxes.

AMD has already discussed the pricing for its latest Ryzen processors, so the motherboard listing is probably more interesting. It definitely reiterates the fact that X570 parts are expensive: the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME and MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE are the biggest offenders at $890.76 and 746.30, respectively.

Good luck.. I ain't paying close to 900 bucks for a Motherboard. I don't care if it cooks my dinner and takes out the trash..

$900 for a motherboard without two CPU sockets or more? Pass.................

When your motherboard cost more than your processor. Just what do they want us to do with this laugh at them and not buy?

Should be interesting seeing which boards survive the review onslaught that awaits them.

Every ASUS board with the exact same price? Not likely. Looks like place holders to me.

Last edited:
Every ASUS board with the exact same price? Not likely. Looks like place holders to me.

I think you are right.

I was briefly excited because it looked like the Asus WZ x570-ACE was priced in the new normal for motherboards (which still chaffes me a bit, as I remember when decent moterhboards were $139) but seeing that they are all the exact same price means I don't trust this data at all.

I remember when motherboards were about $100 and didn't come with built in IDE controllers.

I had computers of that vintage (Like my 286 and 486) but I wasn't the one making the financial decisions until later, so I have no recollection of how much they used to cost.

As a side note, I would LOVE to go back to that era, with absolutely nothing on board. You want usb? Install a USB board. You want sound? Install a sound card. You want SATA? Install a sata card. Install what you want, not what you don't. It would make this hobby more interesting again. Today it's a little boring with all these pre-configured boards.

I had computers of that vintage (Like my 286 and 486) but I wasn't the one making the financial decisions until later, so I have no recollection of how much they used to cost.

As a side note, I would LOVE to go back to that era, with absolutely nothing on board. You want usb? Install a USB board. You want sound? Install a sound card. You want SATA? Install a sata card. Install what you want, not what you don't. It would make this hobby more interesting again. Today it's a little boring with all these pre-configured boards.

Back then we didn't have video cards that took up three slots either. You also made a choice between IDE and SCSI. When IDE effectively won the consumer market due to lower cost, it became the defacto standard and ended up onboard everything. I'm fine with that but I don't want the audio, video, or even the network controllers allot of the time. So I get where you are coming from.

It was more fun configuring what you wanted/needed, picking out the best price controller/audio/video devices or ones that were cheap as hell but worked good enough but more importantly one could change them out, move them over, upgrade as needed. Then you had company after company making devices you could try out. The cookie cutter method now takes that away to point of what video card I install and what SSD. Of course configuring the IRCs so everything works or sorta works at times pulling cards and trying out different combinations was at best interesting but usually much worst.

Now the challenged it seems is how much Christmas light decorations one can manage to squeeze into the neon lighted display brighter than one's monitor which pauses with the audio or such other non-sense. Building a system today is actually rather boring requiring little knowledge to be successful. I remember going to Pasadena California to the Computer shows back in the 80's and 90's, what a fun time that was with the constant innovations, multitude of companies and vendors trying out new things and displays trying to take your money. Those days are now long gone.

Become a Patron!
Back