AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D Synthetic Benchmarks Leak Out

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
A peek at the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D's performance with synthetic, non-gaming workloads has leaked out courtesy of Peru-based hardware site XanxoGaming. The upcoming 8C/16T chip with 3D V-Cache technology scored 1493/15060 (1T/nT) in Cinebench R23, 1639/10498 in Geekbench 5, and 617/6506 in CPU-Z.

Go to post

Yea I think it's going to be a patch or two to chipset and drivers for this cpu to shine.

Stock 5800X appears to be around 1596 / 14812 in CBR23

I don't know how much variance is typical in those runs, seems interesting that the 1T goes down, but multicore goes up (very slighly)

I'm thinking -- leaks are leaks... and wait for legit reviews before deciding anything.

Also wondering if these benchmarks are going to make any real use of the extra cache. AMD was already throwing excessive amounts of cache at the problem to cover the significant increase in latency between the CPU cores and main memory - we might need more complex testing scenarios to really tease out the potential improvements.

I'm thinking -- leaks are leaks... and wait for legit reviews before deciding anything.
They're good for 'it exists' and 'it turns on' at least, right?

Become a Patron!
Back