AMD Ryzen 7 9700X “Zen 5” CPU May Be Doubling Its TDP to Beat Ryzen 7 7800X3D “Zen 4” Chip

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
The Ryzen 7 9700X, one of the first desktop processors for consumers to leverage AMD's new Zen 5 architecture, may be shipping with a higher TDP so it can outperform the Ryzen 7 7800X3D, a Zen 4 CPU that features 3D V-Cache technology for what AMD has described as ultimate gaming performance, according to a new report.

See full article...

This new generation from AMD looks to be quite interesting.

I will - of course - reserve judgment until actual silicon is reviewed, but initial leaks suggest it might be a nice step forward.

God knows the old Threadripper 3960x could probably use a replacement, but that probably won't happen this year for two reasons.

For one, I already spent my entire PC upgrade budget for the year on necessary home improvement projects.

That and I still haven't figured out how to manage my desire for a simultaneous secondary 8x slot that works without degrading the primary slot from 16x.

The above is kind of my minimum requirement for any system. I want to be able to at least be able to run a primary GPU slot at 16x latest gen, and a secondary 8x slot at at least gen3 at the same time, without the first slot dropping down to 8x.

First consumer voard to offer this - either Intel or AMD - I am buying. (Though it may have to wait until 2025)

Become a Patron!
Back