AMD Ryzen 7 (Zen 4) vs Ryzen 7 (Zen 5) 8-Core CPUs – 2026 Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2019
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
2,125
Introduction Is “Zen 5%” still a thing in 2026? We are going to run through all Zen 4 and Zen 5 AM5 8-Core NON-X3D CPUs to find out, with all fresh new data tested as of September 2026. Our goal is to see how the standard 8-Core CPUs from Zen 4 and Zen 5 compare […]

See full article...
 
I hate to say it, but honestly, I think the question is
"Are socketed CPUs still a thing"

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but I really am just not very optimistic about this hobby moving forward.

Feels kinda like HAM radio or 35mm photography - it may never die out entirely, but the spark seems to be gone.

Seems just as soon as we clear one catastrophe - something else pops up and says "Hold My Beer". I mean, I sure didn't have AI Apocalypse on my Bingo card, after surviving floods, famine, plague, power outages, two cryto mining booms, overstocks, near bankruptcies, and whatever else has happened in the last decade and a half or so.
 
Honestly that is a very fair question. Are CPU's the last bastion of DIY. Are we going to have SOC's only going forward. I think chances of that are greater than any of us really want.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top