AMD Ryzen 8000 Series “Strix Point” APU Rumors: Zen 5 Architecture, TSMC N3 Process, big.LITTLE Cores

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-ryzen-badge-circle-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

AMD’s far-flung Ryzen 8000 Series APUs will reportedly take a page out of ARM (big.LITTLE) and Intel’s (Alder Lake/Raptor Lake) playbooks by mixing high-performance cores and high-efficiency cores into a single product. The rumor stems from MoePC’s Venomancer Marvin, who claims that these processors (code named “Strix Point”) will be built on TSMC’s 3-nanometer process and feature eight “big” Zen 5 cores and four “little” cores. AMD is supposedly planning to launch its Ryzen 8000 Series APUs in 2024.

Per Marvin https://t.co/G0d2LeBjwy#AMD #Zen5 APU | codenamed #StrixPoint8 large core + 4 small core |...

Continue reading...

Can I actually buy this without dealing with grey market shenanigans? That's what I always ask myself when I hear about AMD APUs these days.

talk about a long way in coming for big-little on x86

I recall there were rumors about AMD big-little cores since the cell chip came out on the PS3. I think they were supposedto be some sort of Bulldozer-TB combo derivative mix sort of. Also on Intel was rumored to be working on a core/atom combo.

I wonder why they haven't been released so far, specially on intel, given its focus on mobile in recent years.

Become a Patron!
Back