AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT and Ryzen 7 3800XT May Not Include Stock Coolers

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-wraith-prism-cpu-cooler-1024x576.jpg
Image: AMD

Those of you who are planning on purchasing AMD’s soon-to-be-announced Ryzen 9 and Ryzen 7 “Matisse” refreshes may definitely have to think about an aftermarket cooling solution. According to a listing from the German branch of Arrow Electronics spotted by @momomo_us (via Tom’s Hardware), the 3900XT and 3800XT will be sold without a stock cooler. That’s surprising, being that red team bundles a Wraith Prism with every 3rd Gen Ryzen 7 and Ryzen 9 3900X desktop processor.

( ˘ω˘ ) pic.twitter.com/sDZqASS8O8— 188号 (@momomo_us)...

Continue reading...

really... @Space_Ranger you're running your systems on a wraith cooler today? I mean brass tax a 400 dollar 3900xt would be kind of fire. Even without a cooler.

That's a bit sucky ... However, it might be because these are positioned to be strong overclockers , and binned for that.

The cooler that came with my 2700x and is still brand new in the box in my closet would agree with this line of thinking

really... @Space_Ranger you're running your systems on a wraith cooler today? I mean brass tax a 400 dollar 3900xt would be kind of fire. Even without a cooler.
Why not? For systems that aren't pushing the clocks to the limits, what's wrong with using the Wraith's as a cooler? Just because you and I aren't using the Wraith's that came with our 3700X/3900X CPUs, doesn't mean that they aren't of value.

I'm sure they have their reasons for not including a cooler. It's not hard for them to reach out to vendors and get some sales data.

Become a Patron!
Back