AMD Suggests It’ll Actually Have Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs to Sell at Launch

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
amd-radeon-rx-6000-series-design-sneak-peek-1024x576.jpg

If you’re expecting red team’s Radeon RX 6000 Series launch to turn out as badly as NVIDIA’s, think again. During a brief Twitter exchange with an enthusiast who was unable to get a GeForce RTX 3090 (he wasn’t the only one), AMD’s Frank Azor dropped a playful hint that “Big Navi” will actually be obtainable when it hits store shelves later this year (?).

“Welp… not being able to pick up a 3090 today means my work is going to be f*cked for the next little bit,” tweeted Andre Elijah. “Can they at least release a new Quadro so I can get my work done?”

“I look forward to taking your $10 :),” the gaming solutions and marketing chief cheekily replied.

I look forward to taking your $10 🙂— Frank Azor (@AzorFrank)...

Continue reading...

I mean they aren't in production yet are they? Can you go from 0 to big launch in... 2? Months

Who are these people who's "Work" is "****ed" because of a GPU launch...?

No Pro would leave themselves in that situation, I smell propaganda.

I mean they aren't in production yet are they? Can you go from 0 to big launch in... 2? Months

I've seen no evidence one way or the other as to whether or not they are currently producing big navi silicon.

I would have to imagine, given they are planning a November launch, that they are currently producing retail cards. Logistically they would have to be. World wide distribution doesn't take place in a few days. Not even a few weeks. I'd say they need a solid month of shipping to get supply out to vendors.

Its just some rando on twitter spewing non sense. I guess mr frank was just looking to answer to anything really...
Is Navi even going to be any good for work? Last i bothered to look amd was splitting architectures for real and seemed to be making different beasts which i think with time will share less and less their ancestry.....

I've seen no evidence one way or the other as to whether or not they are currently producing big navi silicon.

I would have to imagine, given they are planning a November launch, that they are currently producing retail cards. Logistically they would have to be. World wide distribution doesn't take place in a few days. Not even a few weeks. I'd say they need a solid month of shipping to get supply out to vendors.
Thats my thoughts too, if they really looking forward to a big launch, these would be in full tilt production wise.. still a tight ship with the leaks as I see it. So many bs leaks... What amd hired some ex military or something

Hopefully retailers benefit from the experience of the Nvidia launches so that they can actually get these cards into gamers' hands.

Otherwise it may very well be the same situation.

Hopefully retailers benefit from the experience of the Nvidia launches so that they can actually get these cards into gamers' hands.

Otherwise it may very well be the same situation.

it's easy enough to get them into gamers hands if you have inventory, if you have 1000 cards for 50000 gamers, even if you sell all of them to gamers you still have 49000 upset gamers who can't buy one.

And I'm almost sure that if AMD cards are competitive with Nvidia there will also be shortages.

I suspect being that AMD is using cheaper memory, lower power, they will blowout Nvidia in price performance... Hence they have a huge potential for demand. They better have their crap together, they can't afford the ill will in the dgpu sector.

Nobody can guarantee infinite supply. Either they will have supply to meet demand or they won't. If anything they will be covered for BOT purchase more than Nvidia was. So yay for them.

If anything I'm looking forward to the performance reviews. I miss the days when comparing image quality was what reviewers had to do as the frame performance was so close.

Last edited:
Will anyone actually want them? That's the question.

Will anyone actually want them? That's the question.

Possibly, depends on how they price them. AMD hasn't competed at the top end since the 290X but are usually always competitive in the midrange market. I doubt they'll have an answer for the 3080 but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring out something that's a legit alternative to the 3070.

Possibly, depends on how they price them. AMD hasn't competed at the top end since the 290X but are usually always competitive in the midrange market. I doubt they'll have an answer for the 3080 but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring out something that's a legit alternative to the 3070.

That's about what I would expect as well.

Just guessing here. Whatever they come out with will be within 10% of the 3080. If they price it right it'll be a hit for 1080/1440 users. Like $550-600.

Just guessing here. Whatever they come out with will be within 10% of the 3080. If they price it right it'll be a hit for 1080/1440 users. Like $550-600.

Problem here is they have to have a reflections technology that is on par at that level. If they come out with something that is <5% difference in performance or >3080 performance, AND doesn't need 300 wats of power... I'll be very interested. But it NEEDS support for reflections at the DX12 level.

Nvidia may still get my money even then if the performance is on par but all the games I want to play are using nvidia specific RT api calls.

They will be kept with the load of 3300x's available for purchase......

Problem here is they have to have a reflections technology that is on par at that level. If they come out with something that is <5% difference in performance or >3080 performance, AND doesn't need 300 wats of power... I'll be very interested. But it NEEDS support for reflections at the DX12 level.

Nvidia may still get my money even then if the performance is on par but all the games I want to play are using nvidia specific RT api calls.

Because of Nvidia owning about 80% of the marketshare, AMD has to be Better on all fronts to make an impact.

Better raster, RT, DLSS equivalent and all for less $$.

I had problems with Radeon cards related to Photoshop and Lightroom, and It will take a lot of time and positive driver feedback to make me change back from Nvidia. Because I don't want to spend time troubleshooting GPU's.

Never had a problem with my Mac Pro's, Powermacs and their AMD GPU's tho. So in that ecosystem I don't care who's name is on the GPU.

it's easy enough to get them into gamers hands if you have inventory, if you have 1000 cards for 50000 gamers, even if you sell all of them to gamers you still have 49000 upset gamers who can't buy one.
I'd certainly like to see an analysis of both launches after AMD does their launch. Not having any hard numbers makes the 'paper launch' vs. 'extreme demand' arguments difficult to assess!

Better raster, RT, DLSS equivalent and all for less $$.

I had problems with Radeon cards related to Photoshop and Lightroom, and It will take a lot of time and positive driver feedback to make me change back from Nvidia. Because I don't want to spend time troubleshooting GPU's.
Even if AMD brings the hardware, and they have before, I agree that they very much have to get the software side in line too- I can't honestly say that they ever have. Not anywhere close to launch at least.

Also, it's not just Photoshop and Lightroom, or even Adobe; if you're not on a Mac, chances are that your software supports Nvidia significantly better than it supports AMD graphics, if it supports AMD at all. Should mention software using GPU video transcode functionality as well. All of this is why Intel + Nvidia is preferred for content creation from mobile to enterprise (again, if not on a Mac).

And that's not an Nvidia-led conspiracy against AMD. That's developers catering to their customers.

I'd certainly like to see an analysis of both launches after AMD does their launch. Not having any hard numbers makes the 'paper launch' vs. 'extreme demand' arguments difficult to assess!

This. From what I'm hearing physical stores are only getting lots of single digits, and the 20,000 Zotac orders certainly sounds impressive, but how many of those were just bots ringing up because the web site let them? All anecdotal for sure, and it's a great card I admit, but I just don't buy the "Demand is SOOOO HUUUGE we just can't keep up!!!" Seriously, with GDDR6X still in Sampling, there was no way they could have ever kept up, even if the demand were only lackluster and tepid.,

I am firmly of the opinion this was a token launch, that supply is considerably constrained, and that nVidia knew it would be so - because it's in their best interest. It did not negatively affect them on the 1080 launch, and actually served as good marketing spin - largely because Team Green certainly comes to defend, so long as you don't let any actual data leak out that could prove them otherwise.

Become a Patron!
Back