AMD Suggests It’ll Actually Have Radeon RX 6000 Series GPUs to Sell at Launch

This. From what I'm hearing physical stores are only getting lots of single digits, and the 20,000 Zotac orders certainly sounds impressive, but how many of those were just bots ringing up because the web site let them? All anecdotal for sure, and it's a great card I admit, but I just don't buy the "Demand is SOOOO HUUUGE we just can't keep up!!!" Seriously, with GDDR6X still in Sampling, there was no way they could have ever kept up, even if the demand were only lackluster and tepid.,

I am firmly of the opinion this was a token launch, that supply is considerably constrained, and that nVidia knew it would be so - because it's in their best interest. It did not negatively affect them on the 1080 launch, and actually served as good marketing spin - largely because Team Green certainly comes to defend, so long as you don't let any actual data leak out that could prove them otherwise.

How come that over here in Europe I can't find a single card they are all "coming soon" or "preorder" status, mindfactory.de, a huge Germain retailer does not even list the 3xxx series on their site yet, same goes for Amazon.de or .nl some models are expected to arrive end of November, other more simple designs early October but who knows, retailers will sometimes put anything on their websites.

Other then some leaked data that amazon had 1000 cards for the 3080 launch in the US and EVGA getting a couple thousands in this week, not much is know of the volume available or beeing sold. Chances are that in a couple weeks most people will have what they want, but I have seen people think that there will be 20GB versions of the 3080 and 16 GB versions of the 3070 after the AMD event, I wonder how they will get those made if they have been fabricating these since august and have nothing to show for, unless that is the reason but somehow I doubt that.

Sure they will have some produced to sell. About 10-15 per store.

Just out of curiosity, How many of you alls enthusiast/gamer friends would switch to Radeon GPU's just because of availability and price?

Personally, I don't even know one that would. All have cards that are good enough so that they can wait it out.

This. From what I'm hearing physical stores are only getting lots of single digits, and the 20,000 Zotac orders certainly sounds impressive, but how many of those were just bots ringing up because the web site let them? All anecdotal for sure, and it's a great card I admit, but I just don't buy the "Demand is SOOOO HUUUGE we just can't keep up!!!" Seriously, with GDDR6X still in Sampling, there was no way they could have ever kept up, even if the demand were only lackluster and tepid.,

I am firmly of the opinion this was a token launch, that supply is considerably constrained, and that nVidia knew it would be so - because it's in their best interest. It did not negatively affect them on the 1080 launch, and actually served as good marketing spin - largely because Team Green certainly comes to defend, so long as you don't let any actual data leak out that could prove them otherwise.
We do know that demand is high among gamers; the scalping is proof of that. If there wasn't a buck to be made they wouldn't make the effort.

But for supply we really have no idea in terms of numbers or relative to other launches, we just know that the cards were / are hard to get.

Just out of curiosity, How many of you alls enthusiast/gamer friends would switch to Radeon GPU's just because of availability and price?

Personally, I don't even know one that would. All have cards that are good enough so that they can wait it out.

Need performance to be there, and I would also prefer G-sync compatibility for a new GPU

I have no loyalty to any company. Whoever has what I need when I need it at the price I’m willing to pay gets my money

Become a Patron!
Back