AMD Zen 4 Core Architecture Reportedly Boasts IPC Uplifts of Up to 24%, 28–37% Higher Single-Threaded Performance

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It's no surprise that AMD's new Zen 4-based processors are poised to blow its current-generation counterparts out of the water, but Moore's Law Is Dead has shared a new video with alleged details regarding the chips that may provide insight on how powerful they might really turn out to be.

Go to post

As usual, "up to" means that the statement is true in some specific niche case scenarios. In reality, the improvements won't be quite so large.

I am both excited and afeared. :)

I always like seeing newer, better, technology! I dont like high costs of upgrading. With my back issues bending over a chassis to install stuff sucks now too.

It'll be like when I moved from my 8350 to my 1800x (and every other generation jump I've done). New Mobo, New CPU, New Ram all at the time time. I must be getting old and complacent, thinking about waiting for second generation cpu's for am5.

Then after that, knowing myself, I'll start wondering if my poor little gen 4x4 nvme drive are getting too slow and I should replace them with gen 5. And a year later the only thing the same in my system is my case.

Sounds like investing in better and better cooling will be a thing too trying to get these 5+ ghz clocks.

It'll be like when I moved from my 8350 to my 1800x (and every other generation jump I've done). New Mobo, New CPU, New Ram all at the time time. I must be getting old and complacent, thinking about waiting for second generation cpu's for am5.
See, your problem here is having moved to an 8350 in the first place ;)

But we're at a point where each leap matters less and less to ever more consumers.

Yea I will intentionally skip this next generation of cpus without a windfall I can't spend on something else. Next generation of video cards on the other hand....

See, your problem here is having moved to an 8350 in the first place ;)

But we're at a point where each leap matters less and less to ever more consumers.
The 8350 plus whatever gpu I was using at the time played all my games just fine. That was back when I was using 3x 40" 1k tv/monitors in surround.

Become a Patron!
Back