Analyst Predicts PS5 Pro Will Sell at PS4 Pro Levels as Players Criticize System’s “Crazy” $700 Price and “Hope to God” Microsoft Remains...

PCSX2 has been my go-to PS2 emulator for many years. The last time I used it was earlier this year or last year.

I basically feel the same way about PS1 thanks to DuckStation and the excellent PS1 emulation on PS3. But the main reason I stuck to emulators for PS1 for decades now is cuz my hardware memory card got f*cked up many years ago and I lost most of my original save data. Also my first PS1 (which was hard-modded) died on me (well the optical drive and memory card ports died). My 2nd PS1 is still fine but by then I was using my PS2 for PS1 games before I moved to emulation.

Yeah this is still very true.

Care to share some examples? my experience is nothing short of perfect, actually better than a real PS2, but then again, I only play a few PS2 titles.

Duckstation is AWESOME, I was a loyal epsxe user for decades but once I got into duckstation it was a whole new experience.

Duckstation is AWESOME, I was a loyal epsxe user for decades but once I got into duckstation it was a whole new experience.
Same. I also used to use ePSXe, and another one before that I don't recall, but maaaan DuckStation is really something else. Probably the most accurate game console emulation I've ever seen. DuckStation was the first emulator to make me think I was actually using the real hardware (well when I wasn't using any of the graphical enhancements afforded by the emulator).

Care to share some examples?
I don't really wanna derail the thread further, or write a big-@ss list of games, but I was checking the PCSX2 wiki and some of the games I had issues with even earlier this year/last year appear to have some fixes, so I should get around to trying them again at some point. Some are still screwed (well based on the wiki, I haven't personally tested them again), but a decent amount got fixes so I'd like to f*ck around with them again. We're talking somewhere between 20-30 games I'd have to re-test, so no telling when I'll be getting around to that.

Become a Patron!
Back